• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p4pe or Abit IT7-MAX2 V2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOHNNYGATE

Registered
what is a better motherboard? I've heard the abit was not good on cpu core voltages. I have an Abit now bd7 raid I think its called.. orig 845 with raid .. and its my favorite MB i ever had. So im torn what to do.....

John

If I would have done more research before I bought my P4PE, I would have gotten the IT Max 2 v2. From what I hear its a really nice board.

i hear the most you can go with the voltage on the core is 1.7 v.. on the abit. that sucks.... I bought the asus p4pe and was initally not happy with it. There is in the chipset setup screen in the bios an option for DRAM latency or something. Its not Cas latency but your options are auto, 15.8 us and 7.8 us... I switched to 7.8 after getting fustrated at the performance and BINGO... what the hell is this setting??????????????

John

Back