• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Video card would best out of these 3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Voodoo3 3000 AGP 16meg
Voodoo3 3000 PCI 16meg
Geforce 2 MX200 PCI 32meg

I don't want to knock the Voodoo cards, since they were very good in their day, but... their day is long gone. No driver support anymore. The GeForce cards have excellent drivers and driver support.

get the geforce by man! well get the geforce2 mx400 agp, its alot faster for like $10 more. even the mx200 pci beats a voodoo3 and its as fast as a tnt2

You can get a GeForce 2 MX for less than a MX400. A MX is the same as a MX400, except the core is clocked at 175Mhz instead of 200Mhz. Both cards ram is clocked at 166MHz. Now, from what you said in the GF2 MX overclocking thread Overclocker550, a MX should peform exactly, or very closely with a MX400, as both cards are memory bandwidth limited.

I'm in favor of getting a MX and overclocking it to past MX400 speeds, which, if you have decent airflow/temps, a large passive heatsink on the GPU (provided you get a decent one) is as easy as moving two sliders, hitting test and hitting apply.

//edit: dident finish my sentance:rolleyes:

Most Def the geforce 2 Mx... dont elt anyone tell you otherwise! Ive seen these two cards back to back and in all honesty the voodoo 3 cant compare :-(

voodoo dosent have official driver support anymore, but there is actually still people making drivers for it, which are bettter than the origional

go with the geforce

Ok cool, I was curious because I have all 3 of these cards, but the geforce2mx 200 is in well my g/f's PC (k6-2 500 in a compaq underclocked to 490mhz) cause her little bro likes to play some games...I think Ill switch it out with the V3 PCI I have in the box in my sig... Im gonna keep the AGP one in since its of those that does 200mhz core and ram..SO I guess I get the best of both worlds..the only thing about the geforce2mx is that the original UNreal doesnt like it and runs very slow even compared to UT...

Laterz..and thanks for the responses...hmmm..

Maybe since I will have both cards in (pending they get along together come to think of it)....I can run some benches when I get a faster cpu in...

Sweet...

Hey cool, my g/f's liitle bro can play Unreal Gold now....(he has my disc)...Wish I had thought of this earlier....

thanks again guys its seems like it will all work out...:D

Back