• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wel...I think Ima gonna go to pick up my C1 1.8a today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I called PCCLUB and their ALL their 1.8a's are SL6LA!
and that is a C1 revision I think right?

I am gonna pop it in and see what I can get with it.

Its expensive the price they are selling it at 165$ but if its a sweet overclock like 3ghz+ like people are saying. Its definatly worth it.

I will have more info when I go buy my chip either today or tomorrow.

I am in PHX, AZ, USA

does it matter which plant its from and what week it is for the C1 or are all of them same probability of overclocking well.

From what Ed said a little while back here, seems like Malay or Phili chips would be better, as long as it's a ~week 35 or later.

hell yeah, its from malaysia and its week 42!

I am burning it in right now, havent overclocked it at all yet.

Hello AMD king do you think all the pc clubs are selling the 1.8a c stepping? I have a store in my hometown of Dayton Ohio. I emailed them to see if they have some and if this cheap will hit 3ghz on air. They have them priced on the internet store for 169 but I dont know if they are c stepping I emailed them. Let us know how your overclock goes and put up a picture of your specs.

A link and some info on this store is appreciated. Always nice to know of another C1 PIV source other than Atacom.com ($211 for a guaranteed C1 PIV 2.4b + $13 outrageous shipping)

well...if there is a Pcclub in your area or in the state near you give them a call.
Thats what I did, called 3 stores here in town.
all 3 of them had 3 C1's 1.8a's

I bought mine...looks awesome.
I am burning it in right now will run the burn in for a couple hours, then I am gonna see what I can get out of this puppy.
yeah the price is 169.99 at the store.

I couldnt beleive it when the guy over the phone said, "yeah it reads SL6LA"

I was like no way.
This is the OEM chip btw.
and for any who are wondering, HT is not enabled on the C1 revision either =( would be cool if it was....

Here's a link for the PIV 1.8. Is there any way to get an SL6LA from the internet site? Unfortunately, PcClub isn't in my area:(

The store is right across from Wright State University where Wright Pat credit union is on Colonel Glenn in the area where all the shopping places are.

Back