• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help picking out the ultimate motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Hi, as you know it is nearing christmas and I am going to get a new motherboard for christmas! This will be my next kick A$$ motherboard so I need some help deciding on the perfect one. I have looked around at MSI, Abit, Gigabyte and Iwill. I know that is not all the Mainboard manufactures and I didn't know of all of them. So I decided to get a suggestion from everyone! I would like a dual motherboard but they only support PC2100 memory for some reason. Anyway, I would like a motherboard that is a REAL good overclocker, has 6 PCI slots, USB 2.0, Support for at least PC 2700 but I would really like PC3500. Anyway that is about it, if any of you have any other suggestions please let me know. Any manufacture will be good! Thanks for all the help!

i think most boards you find will only say that they support pc2100, unless the board has a 1/5 divider then it will say pc2700. pc3200 and 3500 will just allow higher fsb's than even pc2700. if you're wanting an o/c board, i'd say look at kt333's from abit, asus, and epox. the nforce2 boards are around, but a little buggy as of yet, the kt400's don't really do much better than the kt333's. if you could wait till a while after x-mas, we should see kt400a'a and maybe another revision of the nforce2, or at least some more choices of boards with nf2.

eli said:
Most Epox boards have 6 PCI slots, so if you had to have it now I would go with the Epox 8RDA+. Otherwise, I would agree with juliendogg and just wait it out for a bit and see what shows up, such as the kt400a.

I looked all over the Epox website and couldn't find the 8RDA+ I found an 8, an A, and I even found a + :D , but no 8RDA+ maybe that was a typo?

Opps Nevermind I found it :D

Most Epox boards have 6 PCI slots, so if you had to have it now I would go with the Epox 8RDA+. Otherwise, I would agree with juliendogg and just wait it out for a bit and see what shows up, such as the kt400a.

I would go with the abit kd7-e right now or wait for the nf2 boards to get ironed out. Maybe the 400a boards will rock also but there not here for awhile.

Kd7-e highlights
vcore 2.2 volts
mem 3.2 volts
reads cpu internal diode for temps
usb 2.0
250 fsb
unlocks all multis if you use newer tbred
333 via chipset which is a tad faster than 400
;)

You know what, I think I will wait untill the KT400a comes out. It shouldn't be too long. And besides, I would have to buy new memory also and that is a few hundred dollars :rolleyes: Well, anyway, thanks for the suggestions all. KT400a is what I will wait for! :)

Back