• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkaGoatMaster

I have been trying to unlock my XP2000+ AGOIA K Week 6 by closing the 5 L1 bridge with rear defogger repair stuff. Anyway, it seems all it does it change my multi from 12.5 to 11. What have I done wrong?? Why can't I get at any of the lower multis?

Atleast you get those multis...I've tried twice to unlock my 2700+ and it wont let me set ANY multis. I'm just hoping asus released a new A7N8X bios that takes care of it.

Well i dunno...I got it unlocked by using the wire trick but my temps were bad cuz it kinda raised the cpu a little. I took that out and im running it locked but I've managed to get it to 2.46Ghz and it still seems to be going...this is at 190 fsb. My guess is asus will release the bios soon with the multis unlocked cuz wasnt the shipping board supposed to be that way to begin with?

I know how frustrating it is. I hate having to redo it then put the HS and reapply the AS3 only to find out it DIDNT WORK. I gave up trying and im waiting on asus to release a bios that does it. I'll send em an email now asking em if that will be included. Did they say that it would be?

Ahh, that does it for me then :). I can use all the multies above 13 for some reason. That still means that i didnt unlock it right? From my understanding if the multi is 12.5 or above you only get HIGHER multis locked?

Well, there's a big possibility that you didn't unlock it right because the bridges are partially connected. Wipe it off and do it all over again. Half a 10x magnifying glass to inspect your job when you're done.

Yodums

Ya I did that twice. It looked perfect to be both times so I'm thinking theres something else going on.

SkaGoatMaster said:
I have been trying to unlock my XP2000+ AGOIA K Week 6 by closing the 5 L1 bridge with rear defogger repair stuff. Anyway, it seems all it does it change my multi from 12.5 to 11. What have I done wrong?? Why can't I get at any of the lower multis?

1:-The Multiplier Code for 11X is ALL 5 bits/signals = LO.
2:-IF you do not insulate the pits in the open L1 bridges, or insulate them badly, then the conductive closing material may get into the pits and make connections with the sub-surface ground plane, connecting all 5 signal busses to ground = LO.
3:- Direct grounds as described in 2:- cannot be reset HI, they remain LO until cleared and L1s closed correctly.

So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to suggest that all 5 of your L1 closings may have resulted in grounded/LO signals for all 5 bits = 11X and unchangeable.

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm link to Multiplier Code, Circuits and Palomino articles to "understand" how Multipliers and signals work, and so you can debug future mod failures.
John C.

Back