• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 2 piece speaker set with possible sub?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deptmaster

Some might say its a dumb reason but my white computer speakers are really bothering me now that every thing else is black. Could you guys please recomend the best 2 piece speaker setup with possible a sub for under $100.
Oh yeah and they have to be black.
Thanks guys,
Ian

Deptmaster said:
Some might say its a dumb reason but my white computer speakers are really bothering me now that every thing else is black. Could you guys please recomend the best 2 piece speaker setup with possible a sub for under $100.
Oh yeah and they have to be black.
Thanks guys,
Ian

I have a pair of these:

http://www.altecmm.com/product_details.asp?pID=621&sID=2

Sound pretty good. Mrsp is $150, but I bet you could find them cheaper.

Logitech Z340. One of the best 2.1 setups out there for under $100. If you weren't limited to $100 I would say the Klipsch Promedia 2.1, those would be even better than the Logitechs. ;)

If you want high fidelity sound, you can by or build very good compact book shelf speakers. The best PC speaker isn't as good as a mid-fi book shelf or studio monitor.

Monsoon PC speakers and their clones are pretty good too.

They have a very decent 10" KLH sub in CostCo for ~$80 that will rattle your whole room.

The best deal on a great speaker set is right here

http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?ProdID=35

These are 4.1's for $149 and the 2.1's cost $179, you do the math

41_large.jpg

Ps I realize you said under a $100 but these you will most likely keep for many many years

I'd go with either z-540's or z-560's. I got the 540's with a Santa Cruz for $100. They're great speakers, although I haven't tried the 560's.

-CPFitz-

Back