• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MotherBoard Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travenwatts

it may not be bad. try flashing th CMOS with the jumper then there should be an option to "Load Fail-safe Defaults". if that doesn't work go into the CMOS and manually set the multiplier and FSB

i have just built up a machine from some parts i bought and everytime i switch on my computer i get an the error "cmos checksum error" and this resets the bios settings everytime i reset or turn of the computer. i have tryed a new cmos battery in the machine and it still does comes up with the same error so i wondering if you guys have an idea what it could be ??

this very thing happened to my friend's first computer. he tried two new batteries. all he did was flash the CMOS then load fail-safe defaults and it worked. he built another last night and got the "checksum error" so he just manually set the multiplier and FSB. hope this helps.

Back