• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried GF3 Ti200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baltoos

Yesterday, I was trying to see if I could get a bit more out of my #1 rig. I got a black screen with a blue stripe across the bottom & it wouldn't post & hitting the insert key wouldn't reset the bios. OK, I thought, I'll just clear the cmos, & start over. Got it to post, but when I went to the bios setup, it was showing red & white letters on the blue background, instead of all white letters. Then I couldn't get past the windows XP boot screen & that had goups of 4 vertical green lines across the screen. I tried switching vid cards w/ my wifes comp, & hers did the same thing. I think my vid card is toast:mad: Her vid card is working fine in my rig. I have since ordered a new GF3 Ti 200 from Newegg ( Gainward/Card Expert Golden Sample - a good 1 according to the forums). She wants her GF3 back. She'll make-do for a few days w/ an old GF2 I had laying around. Actually, I'm somewhat relieved, because at first I thought maybe I fried the cpu or mem or mobo! I HATE when this happens! -Dave

Back