• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro-Have Two Connection settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shocker

Ok, This is what i want. I have Windows XP Pro. I want to have two connection settings. Example: Work and Home

So when i get home, it will connect to my home network, without me changing the settings. Settings as in IP,DNS,Gateway.

Then when i get to work, it will connect to my works network!

I hope you get what i'm saying!

Thanks

-Shocker

It should automatically do that already. Using your work's DHCP server, it should automatically set up your connection to their IP Scheme, DNS, and Gateway. At home, your ISP (or Router) will provide the DHCP service that will auto-configure you.

It should automatically do that already. Using your work's DHCP server, it should automatically set up your connection to their IP Scheme, DNS, and Gateway. At home, your ISP (or Router) will provide the DHCP service that will auto-configure you.

that is how it's suposed to work.

Let me clear this up a bit. Thoses were examples. See i'm trying to have two connection settings. One setting, is for my network. Other setting if i want to disconnect my router, and plug the wire from my cable modem in my computer.

how about having two different hardware profiles ? you'd be able to have different settings and you can choose which you want to use when you log on to a screen.

Back