• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9500/9000 Pro Unlock Petetion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wuzzapiman

this wasent my idea but im about to go ATI and ive decided to start this thread. simply sign with your name, after a 100 or so signatures ill send ATI an email with a link to the thread.

Dear ATI,
Please allow owners of the Radeon 9500/9000 /Pro series of graphics cards be able to alter the core and memory frequenzies.

Signed
Chris Watson

zabomb4163 said:
lol. nice idea. just how would this benefit them in any way ?

Keep the customers happy? Get some more people to buy the card...

Although I have never used either of the cards, this still ****es me off, and influences if I purchase one in the future or not.

Signed
Ben S.

zabomb4163 said:
lol. nice idea. just how would this benefit them in any way ?

easy, if i can't overclock the 9500 Pro i'm going buy the GF4 TI4200. it's pretty simple. if they leave them locked i'm not going to buy a different ATI card, i'm giong to buy a Nvidia card.

signed

Johnathan A.

Last edited:
I was going to buy the g4 ti4200 Albatron turbo with 3.3 ns mems, but I preferred to wait until the 9500 pro was out. Now I´m waiting until someone can overclock or I´ll wait until the Geforce FX. I was really looking forward to buy this card.

Signed
Kanto.

Last edited:
Do you have any hard proof that it's clock-locked yet? I mean, has a respectable hardware site, or ATI themselves come right out and stated 'Yes, we clock-locked this card"?

I'd wait until you know 100% before doing something like this.

That, and online petitions don't really work anyways. Neither does email. Hard copy is where it's at when it comes to something like this.

only thing is nothing by nvidia is faster at the moment. and if ya know me you know I am pro ATI , yet my 8500LE is sold tommorrow if I want yet I am kinda on the edge about buying the 9500 Pro as it may be locked.

my other though is an Albatron Turbo first gen card I have found for a few bucks cheaper, just so I can have some fun overclocking...... vbut I do not want to bother formatting to install a new vid card and it has been a while since using nvidia...

cisco kid

john240sx said:

easy, if i can't overclock the 9500 Pro i'm going buy the GF4 TI4200. it's pretty simple. if they leave them locked i'm not going to buy a different ATI card, i'm giong to buy a Nvidia card.

signed

Johnathan A.

The rumour is that newer 9000 pros may be oc locked :( . There is a new powerstrip out so ppl should check and see if it can 'unlock' the 9500 series and newer 9000 series . This is all assuming that the rumour is true in the first place .

I only hope this is a overclocking software issue and not the card itself... I have the 9500 pro retail, built by ATi and i was unsuccessful at overclocking this card with every application made for oc'ing. The possible software issue has been suggested on other forums. The card is quite new if you think about it, needless to say, i am dissapointed in ATi for not telling us about this, if its even there fault. Other than that, this card amazed me as soon as i ran some game benchmarks. Although Quake 3 is an old game with an old engine... I can run 4x AA and 8x AF and get a 9fps difference from the avg without AA and AF. This is without any opengl tweaks whatsoever. I got 150fps, details maxed, no AA, no AF. I got 141fps with 4x AA and 8x AF. My GF3Ti200 could have never run those kind of visual tweaks without dropping to unplayable levels. With the eventual release of DX9, this card could be even more worth the money.

Don't you think it's alittle early so sign a petition? You don't even know if the card is actually locked or not.

Well, just in case they're thinking about doing it in the near future, at least they'll know where we stand...

Jeremy S

Back