• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modem and no autodial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

broken003

Can someone share with me the method that they use to setup a folding@home client when you dont want to have it autodial and not ask to use the internet (no popup). Basically I want it silent in the background (totally unnoticable).

Here is my scenario. The person probably uses the internet once a night (in the evenings). I dont want it to autodial, but how can I make sure that when they connect that the client will be able to send/receive work? I know the client pauses and re-trys if it doesnt connect, but the pause seems really long and I think it might not be sending if the person is online for a short amount of time.

there is no way to make sure the client sends at a specific time, your only hope is that they finished a WU by the time they get online and that the WU is not queued and waiting for the 6 hour autosend.

the only thing i could think of to do would be scheduling another client to launch with the -send all flag at a specific time every night (when they get on normally) tell it to run for 5 min and try to send and then tell it to end automatically, and hopefully then the other client will keep running smoothly. not sure if that will work though.

FOLD ON
NAS

bump, this is an old issue for me, I would still like to know if anyone has any suggestions

anyone know how to launch the "network connections/Dial up connect window" from the command prompt? now thats a good question.

Back