• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS server question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John1975

Helpful Member
Is there a way I can turn my comp into a CS server so that I can play on it at the same time as it is being a server. I only want it for temp use, maybe 3 or 4 people playing at same time.

I am totally new to this, so any help would be welcome

You could run a dedicated server on your box, then use your box to connect to that. Your box will be pulling double duty then, and it'll pro'lly be pretty laggy, unless you're running a dually box or something

Look for a program called HLProxy. Or you can do it manually:

1. Start the server
2. Then, add this command line to Hl.exe "-port xxxxx" where xxxx is number that's different than the port that the server is using.

Enjoy! I might also add you need a fast system to pull this off nicely.

-PC

do u mind helping me out Cullam3n or anyone? i just wanna setup a server for me and my bro to practice on. i dl'ed the dedticated server file and followed the steps on that website but it keeps making a lan game instead of the internet game. im behind a router but i opened up the ports that needed to be open. thx!!!

let me try acouple of things first. i was reading somemore at server.counter-strike and i did somethings wrong. but ill hit u up if i cant get it up. im at work right now so i cant do anything yet. thx!!!

Back