• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Overclocking, please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
All right here are my system specs first:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 2600+
2 256mb Corsair xms3200, 1 256mb xms 2400
Geforce ti 4600

Can someoen tell me how to overclock this baby from teh bios. I've been reading and just too tire. I know people out there have the same set up as mine, just tell me or give me a picture of how your bios look. Want to see how you set it up.

I don't have the exact same cpu (got a 2400) but if you want to overclock it without any extra work involved just start raising the front side bus. By default the bios will only show you 100,133,166 as fsb options. You have to go down below that and select "user define" for the system settings and that will open a list from 100-200 in 1MHz steps. Assuming your 2600+ is a 266 you can start going up from 133. If it's a 333 chip then start at 166 and go up. For best performance you want to choose the "sync" option for your ram. The stick of 2400 is too slow for what you want to do, so just use the pair of 3200. Okay got a bios shot for you.

<legal crap>
Remember that you do the overclocking at your own risk, and my settings may or may not work for you. </legal crap>

a7nbios.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, u will need to use that pair, the 2400 is gonna bottleneck ya. All u'll ever need is 512mb, I've never seen my ram usage go past 350mb.
While upping your fsb your comp will get unstable at certain speeds. Do remedy that you must up your VCore in the bios. dont up it more than .1Volts on air. And watch your cooling, you can kill your proc by upping the voltage w/o sufficient cooling. If you have stock cooling forget about upping the VCore at all, you'll kill the proc. What is cooling it now?

notice i repeat cooloing a lot, lol. Never skimp on good cooling because you'll regret your cooling decision and make another cooling upgrade wasting your money you could spend on origional cooling instead of having sucky cooling laying around not cooling anything. :D 6 of the word cooling in one sentence :D

The case is awesome; however, I think your volcano 7+ is not quite up to the job if you want to overclock that puppy. If you want to stick with air cooling I'd grab an sk7 or 800, or go with a swiftech unit. Swiftech just introduced a very nice water cooling kit which would easily fit inside that case from the looks of it.

I would love to go for water cooling but Don't know how much a set would cost. plus There hardly anyone around Boston, MA that can help me set this thing up. I need to go to water cool becauset this rig is noisy, I gota turn it off at night to sleep. can hear it from the first floor when the rig is on the third. got any message system, if so pm me your AIM sn.

Sorry don't have aim or icq installed anymore for security reasons. If you need help setting up water cooling our forum can help you out. Swiftech is the best imo, but comes with a hefty price tag. It's a shame you're stuck with that case - I mean it's very nice, but you've got an in investment in it so buying a Q power case is out of question I guess. The Q power from swiftech would give you awesome cooling and it's virtually silent. Post up in the cooling section if you have questions about going to water.

Back