Forum Jump

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-14-02, 06:13 PM Thread Starter   #1
dxiw
Disabled

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

The dust is here ! NOOOOOO

I boot up and a while ago my cpu temp was 40 idle with no dust today i check my cpu temp for fun 46 idle, take off case side and goes to 42idle. look inside case there is TONS of dust everywhere, i guess its the result of having 100cfm of air going constantly in and our your case (100cfm in, 100 out). what do i do to get rid of this nasty dust its raising my aire temp in the case 3 degrees.
dxiw is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 06:15 PM   #2
Wile E. Coyote0
Registered

Re: Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dxiw
The dust is here ! NOOOOOO

I boot up and a while ago my cpu temp was 40 idle with no dust today i check my cpu temp for fun 46 idle, take off case side and goes to 42idle. look inside case there is TONS of dust everywhere, i guess its the result of having 100cfm of air going constantly in and our your case (100cfm in, 100 out). what do i do to get rid of this nasty dust its raising my aire temp in the case 3 degrees.
One word for you, my good man: filters.
Wile E. Coyote0 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 06:54 PM Thread Starter   #3
dxiw
Disabled

i had them but then they got too dirty and had to be rplaced took them out and then forgot to buy the replacement. anywats, is there anything i can do now besides tissue paper wiping and compressed air?
dxiw is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 07:15 PM   #4
The Spyder

make a negitive air flow~ more out then in and the dust wont have time to settle~ chances are you have a little more in then out~
The Spyder is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 07:20 PM   #5
JimmyG

10 Year Badge

You can use a stocking for a filter.

Main Computer: INTEL 2600K; ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe; 850W Corsair; Antec P280 case;16 Gigs Corsair Vengance;EVGA 560 TI; 120 INTEL SSD; 2x500Gig WD HD; op system: Win 7-64; Backup computer:INTEL Q6600; 650W Corsair in Antec P180 Case; 4 Gigs RAM; EVGA GT430; Gigibyte P45T-ES3G mobo; 1x200 GB WD; 2x160 GB WD; 1x1GB WD. Operating system: Win 7 -64. ***Avatar by Gresyth***
JimmyG is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 07:24 PM   #6
chittnp

Im not sure if anyone has ever tried this before, but it seems to me that there is anti static spray/cleaner that you could use when you clean the inside of your case.....put a little on a cloth and wipe down some of the non-electronic parts, also I dont know where your case is located, but if you raise it up off the floor, that may help reduce the dust your intake fans are sucking in. hope this helps.
chittnp is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 07:54 PM   #7
Mike K

Quote:
Originally posted by dxiw
i had them but then they got too dirty and had to be rplaced took them out and then forgot to buy the replacement. anywats, is there anything i can do now besides tissue paper wiping and compressed air?
You don't need any more than compressed air.
Mike K is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 08:37 PM   #8
DaveSauce

Yes, compressed air is the best way. Failing that, canned air...lol. They are different. Canned air is a semi-flammable liquid chemical that quickly produces a gas. This gas is trapped in the can at a high pressure, thus when the trigger is pulled, it goes out fast. Compressed air is just air that is...well..compressed. Its not dangerous, but it takes a lot of power to compress it...heh, and a lot of noise.

....if you live near a Sam's Club, they should carry a 4-pack of 12 oz cans of canned air. At my club, its 9.98. Price may differ, but if you go to best buy you can get 2 cans for $12.00...so, you do the math...heh.
DaveSauce is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 11:10 PM   #9
Zerileous

I have a compressed air tank with no compressor, sounds lame eh? well quick trip is about 6 blocks away and they have free compressed air. not so lame anymore is it? its grate for tires and cleaning of comps.

|Athlon XP Barton 2500+ @ 200x11=2200 MHz @ Stock Vcore ~ SLK-947U w/ 92mm Enermax (64CFM) ~ Abit NF7-S Rev. 2.0 ~ 512MB PC3200 Mushkin Black Level 1 @ stock vdimm. 2-3-2-11 ~ ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with XT hardware and XT bios Mod ~ Onboard Soundstorm ~ Logitech Z640s ~ WD Special Edition 120GB ~ Samsung 5400rpm 40GB file drive ~ Sony DRU-710A Dual layer +/- DVD Burner ~ 16x LiteOn DVD-ROM ~ Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse|
Lappy: Dell Inspiron 9300
|Pentium M 1.86 Ghz ~ 1GB DDR II ~ nVidia GeForce FX Go6800 256MB ~ 17" Widescreen 9200x1200 ~ 60GB 7200RPM HDD ~ DVD Drive/CD Burner combo ~ Centrino a/b/g interal WiFi and internal Bluetooth ~ 2x 80watt/hour batteries|
Zerileous is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-14-02, 11:26 PM   #10
DaveSauce

ha, nice. So how big is the tank, and how long does it last? oh yea, and where'd you get it? I'd like some air that, you know, doesn't leave fumes all over the place...heh.
DaveSauce is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 01:53 AM   #11
Crazy Jayhawk

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
make a negitive air flow~ more out then in and the dust wont have time to settle~ chances are you have a little more in then out~
That doesn't work.

Negative pressure means that dust will come in through every opening in the case.

Also, tildes (~) are not a substitute for proper punctuation.

Crazy Jayhawk is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 06:45 AM   #12
gahdzila

using CANNED air (the stuff you buy that's made for cleaning computers) is much better than using COMPRESSED air (from an air compressor).

an air compressor doesn't filter humidity, dust, or anything else out of the air it's blowing. the canned air is completely dry.
gahdzila is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 09:36 AM   #13
Abra_Volta

I use canned air and a small duster, along with one of those smoker's ashtrays and filter the air. That way, when I blow out the dust it doesn't get put back into the case.
Abra_Volta is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 04:30 PM   #14
[OC]Lucifer

Heres an idea:

Use on of those ionic of Hepa air filter machines to blow air into your intakes. That way you get nothing but clean air going in.

Old 12-15-02, 04:38 PM   #15
[EG]~NaTz~

lucifer dont those cost like $190?
[EG]~NaTz~ is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 06:58 PM   #16
tft

I think they're actually around 350, but you don't need one. put some stretched-panty hose around your fan. I've also heard a swiffer cloth from those swiffer sweeper things works great
tft is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 07:23 PM   #17
[OC]Lucifer

Well...

I was more thinking it would be good to use if you already have one that you dont use.

Old 12-15-02, 09:23 PM   #18
freakasis
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by gahdzila
using CANNED air (the stuff you buy that's made for cleaning computers) is much better than using COMPRESSED air (from an air compressor).

an air compressor doesn't filter humidity, dust, or anything else out of the air it's blowing. the canned air is completely dry.

you can buy filters for air compressors that catch the water and crap that comes out of them. thats wat i use and it works great.
freakasis is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-02, 09:50 PM   #19
Cuper

10 Year Badge

What type of room is it in? If it is in the house which I assume it is try vacuuming the room. It helps trust me I had a similar problem Otherwise use stockings. nice and cheap
Cuper is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-20-02, 09:32 PM   #20
SUPER BIG MAN

is cleaning your house an option or do you live on a high trafic durt road??
SUPER BIG MAN is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Alternative Modding
Alternative Modding Custom Built Cases and Components... Modding to the Extreme