• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help and opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newguy123

How could i tell what wattage my this peltier is ??

Could i use a 40watt peltier on an AMD athlon 1.4ghz with the vcore above 2?

How do i know what kinda peltier is right for my AMD CPU?

If i use a water block with a peltier do i need a cold plate?

Earlier today i got eager to try out the peltier i know very little about. Set it up to see how cold it gets holding it up to my Heatsink along with a temp meter and it read about -5C. So i decided to install it into my computer that is water cooled with a maze 2 but no cold plate (Bad idea or no??). I booted up and the digital temp meter said basically VERY HOT 90C as soon as i saw that i tryed to turn off the comp but it was too late. My tbird 1.4 is no longer processing. Why did the cpu fry so fast When i had it cooled very well with my water cooling setup?
Could someone tell me some stuff i am missing or logic i need to setup a succesfull water cooling rig along with a peltier.

My friend gave me this peltier and used it on a Celeron that was overclocked like crazy and he never had any kind of condensation problems, nor was his system sealed correctly, but i guess he didnt mind.
Whats the lowest watt peltier i could use with an AMD XP chip that will go above or close to 2.0 Vcore?
Will i need to cover it and protect it so it doesnt die due to condensation? and why is it that my friend didnt have to?

Thanks for any advice/ help

I can see you didnt do any research at all on this subject, you need atleast a 172 watt pelt for your cpu and you also need a cold plate that goes inbetween the cpu and the pelt. Also with that big of pelt you need to be watercooling or else you will fry the pelt and your cpu.

warlord answered your questions mostly. as for insulation you should read through some threads, you can do a search on the forum and come up with what you need to know. you will understand what you are doing that way and you wont fry another chip.

Back