• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD waterblock help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eli

I would like to make an AMD waterblock, but I lack the tools to do it. How hard would it be to make a waterblock out of this 1U hs from Thermaltake?

I have no idea where to start. I thought about just cuttin it to AMD form factor then cutting cross sections in the fins, then sealing it up and put barbs on either side. Probably not the most efficient, but something to call my own!

35-106-015-01.JPG

how bout this, lookin at the block so it's the fins are vertical, cut away the top and bottom of the fins to a half inch of space to the top and bottom edges of the block. then picture the fins spit into 3 sections, the center one being a half inch and the two sides being whatever the remaining space is split in half. cap off the upper end of the 1/2 inch center "channel". your top would have to sit tight against the fins, and the bottom of the inlet cut flush with the inside of the top. when you capped it, the water would be forced through the center channel then flow out into the open space at the bottom end, back up through the channels on either side at a much lower flowrate and collect and exit through the open space you left at the top.

if what i've said makes any sense to ya.... wow, i wanna try it!

I sorta kinda maybe understand what you are saying. :) Except the fins are much shorter than half an inch.

Can somebody post me a link to the dimensions for AMD socket 462 mounting holes? that would be really helpful too!

Of course you would know! :)

Thanks. I'm going to try this "Ghetto" Waterblock Mod. If it even works i'll be happy!

I really want to do this! I was thinking about this the other day, I would be able to make a few out of 1 heatsink, at least 2 of them! I would post what My ideas are but I wanna do it:)

-edit- do you have this heatisnk? Ill talk to you on msn later today hopefully

Back