• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtech GeForce4 Ti4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b_usa

Registered
I ordered a Leadtech GeForce4 Ti4400, got it, popped it in, and it was a lemon. Right from the bootsplash screen (BIOS bootsplash) the picture was distorted with pink lines about as wide as a thin ribbon (1/8 in.). Anyway, I tried everything, Triedthe Leadtech drivers, nVidia reference drivers. I was upgrading from a GeForce2 MX 400. Anybody experience this problem? I sent mine back to newegg.com and theor supposed to send me another. I'm slightly baffled why I should have to pay the $14.00 shipping fee to return this to newegg.com, so they can send me one that works. Shouldnt that be their problem? Why should I have to pay $14.00 because they can't send me a working component the first time?

i doubt that newegg would knowingly send a defective product to you, they are one of the most reliable/trustworthy companies out there, and it is general practice when RMAing something that you pay for the return shipping cost

im sure you tried everything possible to get the video card to work properly, but most of the time it's overlooking something that is the problem (eg. the card isn't pushed in all the way, etc.)

Well, I removed and reseated the card several times... I did try everything short of getting out the voltage meter... Well see when I get the next one. I wasnt trying to say newegg sent me a bunk piece on purpose, only that it seems tacky for me to have to pay extra to get a working piece. You should receive "x" part for advertised "y" price, regardless of how many tries it takes for them to get it right... And even if that is standard mail order return practice, it still stinks...:p

Same card and exact same result with mine except it did actually work for a few hours. Ran 3DMark a second time and it locked up. Rebooted and got exactly what you did.

Hated to cough up the dough to ship it back but as much as I buy and as good as Newegg's RMA dept. has treated me over the past year or so, I got over it.

Back