• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who else is waiting for a tbred B cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

well i got myself a Tbred A AIUGA cpu and am not impressed at all. Like I said in another posting I am going to wait till january when the prices have dropped a bit and get myself a 2400+ Tbred B cpu. I know I'll probally only get it up to 2.2 - 2.4Ghz on air cooling but I'd be very happy running at 2.2Ghz with a 166Mhz FSB personally....from where I am right now thats a 450Mhz increase...besides a few new steppings might be out by then which might allow me to hit even a little higher. Anyways who else is waiting for a tbred B and what speed are you planning on getting?

By the time Tbred B's start to show up in the retail channel, Bartons may very well be available and you will be faced with the same upgrade or buy now problem. I would get yourself some watercooling and give that Tbred A another chance.

I know bartons are going to be comming out this spring sometime but I wanna get a 2400+ in january and knowing AMD with their release schedule I probally couldn't get a barton till summer. Besides a few newer core steppings should be out by then and I'm hoping for one of those which will clock better and maybe even run a bit cooler.

I am waiting on my end of the year Bonus and gonna and get a 2700+ 333, For now though my Tbred 1700+ is doing pretty good,gonna hit 15k 3dMarks then with my Ti4200.

mamer

My friend's agreed to buy this rig, and I cannot wait for a 2400 Tbred-B. But now I'm torn about the board. . .any suggestions? I've geard the 333MHz fsb AMD don't O/C as wellas the older ones.

well i just like the idea of starting at 2Ghz then overclocking from there.....besides i'm worried that the 1800+ tbred b will be one that didn't make the cut for 2400+ and won't do as good. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for some newer core steppings to be released. besides its been a bit since amd released a new cpu so there should be a paper release at least of a 3000+ sometime soon. That would be 2.4Ghz and i'l love a cpu with those steppings :).

im holding out for a 2600 333fsb chip to get a little cheaper.
altho i can see me poppen a 2400 in soon.
guys one word of advice is if and when these B's get to the 1800 chips its gonna be the oc king.actually now its the king.

Why pay extra money to buy a CPU that runs 333fsb when you could just up the bus speed yourself?

I'm not for sure what the Bartons will run at.

But I know I've trying to hold out until the 1800 Tbred B's come out. Then i'm gonna scoop up a couple of them.

I'm just waiting for an e-mail back from some AMD sales offices to see where the first ones are getting shipped to.

no, barton is the last core that AMD is going to make for the socket a platform. It is basically a tbred B with a bigger L2 cache and posessibly SOI so it will scale better. It will either run with a 333Mhz or 400Mhz FSB no definites yet.

I might grab a Tbred b 1700+ or 1800+ if they get monster overclocks and the price is right.

Right now I've got a Agoia 1800+ that does 1729 and a AIUGA 1700+ that does 1870. I WILL get 2ghz at a reasonable voltage eventually. I'm probably gonna voltmod the 1800 and see if I can get 2ghz with absolutely insane voltages. Because I lost one of the foam chip protectors (replaced with a square cut piece of foam) and Did a bunch of screwy unlocks (now multis 11 and up work fine, but 10.5 acts as 9.5, 10 acts as 9, 9.5 acts as 8.5, etc I'm using 11 multi anyway (would use 9.5 but I only have 128megs of ram that will do 182fsb, has 256 doing 158 or thereabouts atm.) So I figure I can't sell the chip for more than 35$ anyways, so hell I might as well have some fun with it.

Back