• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running a P4 2.2ghz 533 fsb on a 400fsb mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should be, if it works then u should get 1650mhz CPU speed at 400FSB.
It may not though, as one of the pins on the 533FSB chips tells the board to go high at boot, so maybe the board wont like that and refuse to post. Im sure it would be possible to do a pin-mod to get it back to the 400FSB though I cant remember how....
Also it may even run at 533FSB even if the board has no official support, or you may be able to use a software FSB changer to get the PLL to go to 533FSB.....I did this with a QDI board and a Celly 300, it only officially supported 66, 75 and 83FSB but CPUFSB allowed me to set 100FSB in windows and get the chip to 450mhz, 50% OC and it was rock stable, default voltage....they dont make em like that anymore!

hrmmm... 1650??
It's gunna be a Shuttle SS50 mobo/machine.
Unless I CAN get the fsb to 533.. i'm better off
getting a Duallie P4 533fsb mobo and buying another
P4 @ 400fsb

As long as you have a 133 FSB setting on the mobo, it should work ok.

Duallie P-4 mobo? I didn't know you could run dual proc P-4's.

you can't run dual p4's (unless you are using xeon's which basically are p4's but can be used in a dual setup, you also need a xeon motherboard (which is pretty expensive)
Unless you overclock the 2.2ghz chip to be at 133FSB (quite unlikely) you cannot run it at 533fsb

Back