• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP 8 and 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hal

Registered
Help need with agp 8* on a 9700 radeon

I have just bought a radeon 9700pro and it is giveing me a few headacks. I was runinng a 1.8xp at 2100 no proplem rock soild but with the new card I can not go any high than 1.8, I am sure thist is to do with the agp bus speed 76 * 8 = 608 and this I am sure is what is giveing me the proplem at 66 * 8 = 528 runs fine

Here is the quinsion I have for you all how do I get agp down to 4x this would be 304 and feel would work

this is where thinks get strange in the bios the option to go 1* 2* 4* 8* is no longer there it was when I had my old gefores 2 but not now ? I have tryed useing powerstrip to change it but it will not change it just jumps back to 8*

any help any one can give will be gladly received

Athlon 1.8xp
Epox 8k9a2 via 400 mobo
Radeon 9700 pro

drives

via hyper 445
radeon 6-13-10-621
and the lates bios up date

Make sure you have the latest CAT's installes (2.5), along w/ the latest Control Panel. (2 different downlaods)

Go into you new ATI control panel, and click the "SMARTGART" TAB. You should have AGP option setings there...I've never changed mine that way, so I'm unsure of how and if it will actually take the new setting:(

Last edited:
tryed that no luck it gose over to 4* then ask for a reboot. you get into windows and it has gone back to 8*

the proplem has got to be something to do with the fact that the optin to change the agp speed dose not apear in the bios any more I just do not no how to fix that !!!!:bang head

It's being technical and nit picking, but 4X and 8X AGP is the data rate transfer, not a multiplier for the AGP bus speed.

Back