• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOOYAAH BROS! Canterwood chipset "turbo" mode.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey.. if u get that chipset can i have your old one free? :)
look at my setup.. hint hint

max

btw.. i just read that article this morning too.. im defintaely gona try to save up for it.

It will position the Canterwood and Springdale chipsets as having 1.5 times faster system buses, two times the memory bandwidth at 6.4GB/s for dual channel DDR40, two times faster Gigabit Ethernet, 1.5 times faster hard drive connect using Serial ATA and two times faster AGP. The last is somewhat academic, still.

I think that this will finally enable us to SEE the performance of modern Cpus and Graphics cards.

IMO, no chipset on the market can keep up with them now. Processes are way slowed down by current chipsets.The information is there but cant get through fast enough.

UNLEASH THOSE BEASTS FINALLY.

Lt. Max said:
hey.. if u get that chipset can i have your old one free? :)
look at my setup.. hint hint

max

btw.. i just read that article this morning too.. im defintaely gona try to save up for it.

He he, maybe bro...we'll see.;)

Hamburger said:
It will position the Canterwood and Springdale chipsets as having 1.5 times faster system buses, two times the memory bandwidth at 6.4GB/s for dual channel DDR40, two times faster Gigabit Ethernet, 1.5 times faster hard drive connect using Serial ATA and two times faster AGP. The last is somewhat academic, still.

I think that this will finally enable us to SEE the performance of modern Cpus and Graphics cards.

IMO, no chipset on the market can keep up with them now. Processes are way slowed down by current chipsets.The information is there but cant get through fast enough.

UNLEASH THOSE BEASTS FINALLY.

Daoooodd!! Unleash them now!!!

I am assuming that they will have the IO capable ICH5 which will give us actuall Serial ATA action. I'm not refering to the bogus ICH4 + Serial which only gives us theoretical 133mbs per second. With the ICH5 chipset we will be enjoying 150mb (actual) per second serial goodness.

Just think about it for a second....800mhz fsb, 150mb per sec IO, dual mem action....ooooohhhhh.....aaaaaaahhhhh.....yes The dream chipset!

Just think about it for a second....800mhz fsb, 150mb per sec IO, dual mem action....ooooohhhhh.....aaaaaaahhhhh.....yes The dream chipset!

sounds like I'll be broke in order to play....no more food for the kids.;)

mica

Back