• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brown xp 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BJM

Registered
I was about to attempt to unlock my xp 2100+ Palomino,until I ran into this
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1009
I also noticed that all the xp 2100's they new of were green.I bought mine very shortly after they came out.It is brown (I don't recall the stepping)
My question is,Is it possable that my xp 2100 is setup like the earlier xp's.I can deal with the L1 bridge,but I am not taking a dremel to my cpu.

The multiplier is 13x for that processor, which means that you will only have control over the upper multipliers (13x-18.5x) if you unlock it.

That's my understanding at least (I didn't bother reading the pcstats article).

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=19321#post19321

i found this today while searching for the answer to the same qeustion you had, apparently the colours don't matter, but you don't actually have to dremel you chip, you bridge L1 and there's two pins onteh back you also bridge. teh picture show a wire but from what i've read use defogger for that jsut like the bridges on the top of the chip, i'll prblay try it later this week, if you get to it before me let me know howit works out.

Wibarm,that looks workable.And makes sense.
Whoever tries it first POST HERE !!!

well i'm gonna try it tonight.. but i wen tout to my banr to get my voltmeter to test the connections and lo and behold i locked the keys in the truck with the defogger kit waiting for AAA.... but tonight i'll do it i have tiem still they shoudl be here in 20 minutes or so... i'm such a moron :D

well tonight was jsut bad... locking keys in teh truck while it's running not getting my proc uunlocked properly then cracking it after i cleaned it up... grr.... so tomorrow i gotta get me a new proc... umm if you get tired and you're having a bad day jsut take a break... i didin't know when to quit... wheni spilt the defogger on my desk i should have quit, when i had my system botting with a 11x multiplier i hsould have quit but niope kept going nad crack... so what should i get new proc wise? i was gonna get xp2000 casue it's enough cheaper i'll take the perrformance cut... unless my local store has any 1800 tbred... they do make 1800 tbred right? well guess i won't be the first to sucessfully unlock the 2100+... i'm sure it works though... i was jsut having a nad evening...

well my cpu isn't dead i foudn out this morning, thank God... it did hear a nasty crack i guess it was teh heatsink clippin gon weird... and thenit woudln't post this mroning i tried sut for the hell of it and i got it to POST but then it froze.. i redid the thermal paste and it works .. wel it'll tak eme awile to get enough balls to attempt to unlock again, right now i'm jsut gla dmy computers alive... last night was bad... bad thing after bad thing... but today's gonna be good, hehe let me know if your unlock works!

Sorry to hear you had such a rough night Wibarm.Glad your cpu still works.
You said that last night you got it to post at 11x,but then you did something else and it wouldn't post.
What else did you do?11x is where it should post at unlocked.

BJM,

yeha it would boot up and everything at 11x but i couldn't change the multiplier form that though... i decided to clean it up and try another night because i knew my bridges were a mess on top... they were'nt touching each other but they just weren't looking good... andi didn' tknow when i'd have tiemot try it again soi thought i'd clean everything up to get my 1911 back untili can play around somemore... yeha i jsut coudn't get the multiplier to change and it kept booting up as 1900+ and i couldn't take the fsb up high enough to get similar speeds as before... it was bad workmanship on my part as to the reason it didn't work.. but last night was jsut bad... hehe... i was tryignto rush it... take your time... and always clea up the hsf and the cpu and apply fresh thermal paste... i cleane dup my cpu all the time buti left the stuffon the hsf doesn't work too well doing tha ti guess.... i'll try it again , not sure if later this week or maybe next week... won't beable to this weekend i'm outta town though...

Well I am going to try it.I appreciate everyones input!

okay... well it ran all day running seti... iget home reboot and it boots with a 5x multiplier... can't seem to change it... i took ti out clenaed up up as bes ti could front and back made sure the socket clean put it back in fire it up posts as a 2100, theni go into bios to adjsut fsb and i exit and save setting restarts as 7XX mhz..(5X multplier) any idea what's going on? shouldi jsut attempt to clsoe the L1 bridges and see if i get more multipliers? i already got my balls back hehe... lets unlock this beast...

my theory is that wheni was remvoignteh defogger fomrteh back of teh cpu i used a needle tip i might have scratched something down ther and room temp it's open but as it warms up to operating temp something might expand and clsoe teh circuit? don't those pins select between teh low and high multipliers.. just my (un)educated guess

more strangeness...

okay it will always boot using a 5x or a 9x mulitplier, it boot once using a 11.5x but woudn't boot again.. wheni got the 11.5x the dip switches were set to >=12.5... does this seem strnage to anyone else... i guess teh only way i can go is tyrign for a complete unlock huh? well i'll let you all know what else strange and wonderful happen inside my magic box!

well got it back to the 11 mulitplier, won't change from that though.. not yet i've only tried 11.5, and 12 though... time to experiment more.. i'm not 100% confident in my second bridge would that caseu it to stay on 11? buti should beableto get someother mutliplier too though correct? i dunno so many question... i can solve msot of them by jsut fooling around hehe... but my coputer boots that all that matters to me now, hehe, i got my balls back after irelaized, i already htougth the worst had happened and i could deal with it so what els edoi have to lose hehe... well let me know what migthbe cuasing the lock on 11

Usually a lock on a multiplier means the unlocked failed. You're going to have to clean your bridges and try it again I'm afraid.

well i dunno i thinki can get lwoer multiplier 7 worked but then i relaizxed i should bump up to the 166 fsb to get the better dviers, and right now i'm at 1914 with a 174 fsb, let see how much she lieks it, i might play some more with lower fsb's... i don't know.. but all said an ddoneit's worht.. timeto go 3dmark it....

Back