• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-[[multiple evaporators]]-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup that would work, I think you would need double the amount of capillary line as you would normaly need though. Bowman is doing this right now over at the phase-change.com forums, having one chill water and having the other go into a evap block he made.

Warlord2 said:
yup that would work, I think you would need double the amount of capillary line as you would normaly need though. Bowman is doing this right now over at the phase-change.com forums, having one chill water and having the other go into a evap block he made.

Not exactly the same thing, but it is similar, he is just having one chill water, kenji is asking about direct die both ways.Which by the way no one has done yet.

A frend of mine is building a phase change system (as a class!) with the refigerator repair instuctor/ computer instructor at his school (lucky duck)- Hes desginh a double evaporator (one for the vid card, one for the proc)- The refrigeration guy has said its more than possible.
On the upside- Im getting him to make one for me :D

Oh sure it is possible, I was just stating no one has done it.Well let me rephrase that, no one I know of has done it.It is most definately possible, and I have given it a thought also.

lclark2074 said:
it shoud take a lager compreser condser to handel the load
authwise the cpu whoud get wamer

Nope the condenser will be fine.Won't be that much of a load either.

Two things. Increased thermal load on the system, so make sure your condenser is adequately cooled, possibly increase the charge to increase thermal capacity while sacrificing a bit of temperature. Also, I worry about what happens when one cpu is hotter than the other, which is a common occurance in duallies.

ookabooka said:
Two things. Increased thermal load on the system, so make sure your condenser is adequately cooled, possibly increase the charge to increase thermal capacity while sacrificing a bit of temperature. Also, I worry about what happens when one cpu is hotter than the other, which is a common occurance in duallies.

No I think he wants to cool the cpu and a video card or something.I am not sure though.

Yeah I see, I only looked at the link once and that was a couple days ago.Guess I wasn't paying attention then....

I want to make what bowman made the direct die/water chiller but i'm not that sure were u split the line do u split the line before the capillary line or the capillary line itself and since i will have a cascade cooler sould i use the R22 loop or R14 loop for the Water chiller.

He just uses his suction line to cool the chiller(dual caps, one running to block, one running to return line).Cooling each thing directly with an evaporator is much more efficient way of doing things.

As far as which loop to use, definately the high stage.It will have to be a beefy compressor that will handle a very large ammount of heat while maintaining low evaporating temperatures.So adding another 100 watts shouldn't hurt anything, if the compressor is powerful enough.

I'm still looking for a compressor for the high stage what would be a good choice of power.So I can spilt the line before cap and have 2 caps.

No bowman's is actually a 1/2hp, and he isn't cooling something to -40f that puts out alot of heat.The low stage of the cascade system will put out alot of heat, and he will need to keep it at -40f.

Back