• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally im upgrading the mobo, what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a piece of cake. You just need to...

a) make sure you get a motherboard that is compatible with it. Socket 370
b) be cautious and avoid using excessive force. Computer parts are not physically durable so you need to be somewhat gentile with them
c) get some thermal paste. It will make a marked improvement in cooling efficieny
d) get a new heatsink and following it's installation instructions. I recommend the Thermalright SK-7 since you can use a very quiet 80mm fan with it.

There are numerous guides available but each heatsink will have their own installation guide with tips. These can usueally be found on the heatsink manufacturers website.

Umm, why? Is there something wrong with your present motherboard? I can't recommend putting money into another P3 board. Is your chip slot1 or S370? Either way buy an Athlon XP or P4 board and get a processor to match when funds allow. Or just save up and get both later. A board that accepts your P3 will be next to useless in the future.

ssgohan434 said:
yes there is somthing wrong with it. (no agp slot

That's what I figured based on what's listed in your signature. :)

But, if you're planning on upgrading your video card in the near future, it's not going to help if you stick with your current CPU (which doesn't have the throughput to actually make the most of newer video cards).

ssgohan434 said:
yeah i figured now, im gonna try to squeeze out the cash on an XP or PIV. now im looking for a good cheap mobo chip bundle

XP 1600+ or even a Duron 1.2 or 1.3 + a refurbed SocketA board.. all from www.newegg.com :) best bang for buck you'll get

Back