• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a high cfm, low dba fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

i need some high cfm and low dba fans to cool my system and have no noise :)

the best one that i found so far is this fan

at the lowest setting this is quite good
Airflow: 28CFM
Rotation Speed: 1700RPM
Noise Level: 20.0dBA

is there any better 80x25mm fans?
dba HAS to be less then 25!!

some people just want to have their cake and eat it too... :) i would recommend personally just going with a strong fan and pairing it with a rheobus to control the power the fan gets. when your cpu is idle you don't need tons of cooling power, and then when its got a load you can crank up the fans to full power. i love the search function for this type of thing though, just do a search for "quiet fan" or something similar and you should get plenty of results.

the general rule of thumb is the bigger the fan the less it has revolve to move a given amount of air. generally that corresponds to a lower level of noise. for instance my old delta 60mm fan sounded like a bee was in my case.my metronic 120 mm moves over 3 times the air and is much quieter.

oc jason said:
Metatronics makes the best air to noise ration fans IMO

Metatronics 80mm - 53cfm @ 38db. I have this fan and its no joke

where can i find that? its not showing up on google or svc

It is actually Mechatronics and it is a standard 80 x 25 fan. I will look when I get home and see if I bookmarked where I got mine. Don't have it here at work. Like ocjason says there is no better airflow/noise ratio fan that I have ever ran across.

thanks, Mechatronics came up in several times in google search :) i went to their official website and there is a AC and DC fan.. which one do i get ? and where do i get them? i only found one website to buy from but that website does not list the specs of the fan.

hc, that fan has good ratio but i know for sure that anything above 35 dba isnt silent at all. 30 and below are silent, but since you might use a pair of those, you are right on keeping them below 25...

I agree with I.M.O.G.
My volcano 9 came with a nice little vollume control for its speed. I glued this into a face plate and stuck a stereo knob on it to controll fan speed. Im starting to wish i had shelled out for that vantec fan speed controller though.

yeah, i too am looking for a fan for my ax-7...the mechatronic one looks good, but i noticed that the thermaltake smartfan provides similar peformance.

I choose the Vantec Stealth fans for me. They are quiet and perform pretty well. I also like the fact that the Vantecs are running on dual ball-bearings rather than Zalman's sleeve-bearing solution. Ball-bearing fans do last longer.

hey. is that Mechatronics 3 pin or 2 pin.

it looks like a good quiet cpu fan, but i need an rpm sensor or my mobo wont boot

big_bertha said:
ok. bare leads. 2 or 3 of them :)
It's got three wires coming out. According to that seller, you can monitor the fan speed, if that's what you're looking to find out.

Back