• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing video card bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I am considering flashing my ALbatron ti4200 Rurbo's BIOS witht at of a ti440 or 4600. What exactly advantages would this have? Side effects? Thnx, I hear dabout this and wanted to find out more about it. Also, how do i flash my video card's BIOS?

I have never understood why anyone would want to do this...I do believe it can set the default core and memory clocks to whatever you want them to be...but why ever you dont just use some software tool that overclocks on startup I dont know

but if there are any really cool things us un flashed people are missing out on tell meh :p

Some say that flashing the video card increases stability; in my case I got a 30-40 Mhz better overclock, but I think I've done something wrong as It seems too much of an increase. Also I flashed the bios so that I can have my card overclocked in Linux as well as in Windows...

Back