Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

stock amd cooler

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-17-02, 09:21 AM Thread Starter   #1
sirtoby

stock amd cooler

I've ordered a retail 1800+ Thoroughbred, and as it's retail a Coolermaster cooler will be included..

Now I'm not interested in the heatsink really.. but I'd want to know if anyone knows the model of this cooler, and more importantly.. the specs of the fan. I have a 7000 rpm Delta right now and if I could get anything half decent to cool.. then I could just put the coolermaster fan there if it's worth anything.. so does anyone know the cfm, dBa and rpm ratings for the stock fan?
sirtoby is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-17-02, 01:12 PM Thread Starter   #2
sirtoby

nobody knows eh?
Old 12-17-02, 01:22 PM   #3
Yodums

Putting an insane fan on a heatsink won't do much if the heatsink isn't that great which it isn't in this case. In order for you to get better performance you're going to have to order a new heatsink and most likely equip a new fan or use your existing one you have. From what you mentioned (7000rpm), you have a 60mm fan, and if you're going to upgrade your heatsink go for an 80mm one like the SLK800 (Sale for 30.00 @ svcompucycle.com)

Yodums

Lawrence: No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.
Yodums is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-17-02, 01:43 PM Thread Starter   #4
sirtoby

well what I was thinking was putting a slower fan on my existing heatsink, so I've been looking on different fans.. don't really want to go and buy a new heatsink as I've spent loads of money just a few days ago and I'm waiting for that stuff to arrive..

So that's why I wondered what rpm/cfm that coolermaster fan has if it would be a possibility to stick that to my GlobalWin WBK-38 heatsink.. what I want is a good noise/performance ratio.. if it will hold back a few extra OC'ed MHz.. then so be it..

So what I wanted to know the specs of that fan that comes with the AMD stock cooler for Athlon XPs.. or if I should look out for some other fan..

What I want is a fan that can push 30 cfm or more, with 35 dB or lower.. don't know if this is impossible to find tho?
Old 12-17-02, 02:02 PM Thread Starter   #5
sirtoby

oh and yes.. it is a 60x60 fan.. I have been thinking about maybe putting an 80x80 fan on that WBK-38 heatsink as well, but I'm not really sure how to go about it since the wbk38 had the wire things to hold the fan in place, so maybe I could bend the wires or something, but I'm not really sure..
Old 12-17-02, 09:43 PM   #6
ChillPhatCat

Quote:
Originally posted by Yodums
Putting an insane fan on a heatsink won't do much if the heatsink isn't that great which it isn't in this case. In order for you to get better performance you're going to have to order a new heatsink and most likely equip a new fan or use your existing one you have. From what you mentioned (7000rpm), you have a 60mm fan, and if you're going to upgrade your heatsink go for an 80mm one like the SLK800 (Sale for 30.00 @ svcompucycle.com)

Yodums

OMG THX man, couldn't pass up that deal... got an slk800 and 52CFM blue crystal fan coming. I was getting sick of this weak ass rubberband holding my sk7 on.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Intel I5 2380P Sandy Bridge @ 3745 MHz & 1.20v
Biostar TZ77A
8Gb Gskill RipjawsX Series PC3-12800
64Gb Adata XPG SX900 SSD, 320 GB SATA Barracuda
ASUS Radeon EAH4870DK 1Gb@ 835/1100
Lian Li PC-A05B
600W Corsair PSU
ChillPhatCat is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs