• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which CPU block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tc-4, the one with the aluminum top also has a hidden inovation derived by this forum's dodgeviper, it has little coils in it instead of the regular "turbulators" which give it much better performance than the spiral,
but the numero uno block to date that i know of is Cathar's micro channel block called White watter or something, it has about 5c better temps than the tc-4, the downside is the block cost 75ish bucks, pm Cathar for more info and purchasing

Here's the pic. After Christmas I'll post some hard(er) numbers as to performance differences. I'll get the temp readings from my new Nexus front panel (with 3 temp. probes) rather than the in-socket thermistor.
mod_tc4.jpg

i have heard jfettig's s-type is nice. you can't get it from case-mod.com b/c the site is down till the end of the month ,but you can try to get one from him

NeoMoses said:
Here's the pic. After Christmas I'll post some hard(er) numbers as to performance differences. I'll get the temp readings from my new Nexus front panel (with 3 temp. probes) rather than the in-socket thermistor.
mod_tc4.jpg

I'll be interested to see the results. If signs are good do you think you might send it to BillA for testing?

If he wants one I'm sure I could send him one. I'll see how it does with some better temperature monitoring equipment and determine if it's a waste Bill's time or not.

Last edited:
Back