• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics/fsb problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

Just built a new system. Chip is locked at 10.5x. I could get the system to boot and into windows at 10.5 x 172 FSB = 1796 mhz which I assume is the max speed the chip can handle because anything over would not boot into windows. Well I did a few dozen tests changing the FSB, and anything over 160 FSB will cause 3dmark2001 SE and UT2k3 Benchmark to display white and black checkers or a black screen and then reboot the computer. I changed the agp freq, agp voltage but they didn't help so I disabled agp fast write. Disabling AGP fast write worked slightly in that 161 FSB and 162 FSB now will let the benchmark run. 163+ gives the white/black checkers/crash again. What is causing the graphic errors and is there anything I can do to fix them so I can get the extra 10 FSB/100 mhz?

Probably to high AGP frequency.. many of the newer cards can't really handle anything above the standard frequency.. i.e. 66 Mhz.. so if you could try to play around with some nice dividers if you have any? :)

Have you tortured with Prime95 or something similar? It may just be that your chip isn't stable. Able to boot into windows doesn't mean you chip can handle the speed.

How much extra voltage have you tried on the 1600? Your temps in your sig look good, should'nt have a problem uping the vcore some.

Why not unlock the 1600?

fdoggiedog woof woof

Back