• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Blaster Cars And OC'ing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman_sam81

Are they very OC friendly?

I have Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 and ever since I had my computer overclocked (FSB at 133) I have been getting kind of a higher pitched hum when playing CS or listening to music and stuff like that. You can distinctly notice the hum cut out when a sound signal is present, but when it is silent (no signal) the hum comes back. It is rather annoying, so I thought I'd see if any of you guys knew.

BTW, when I had the computer overclocked (it's back to default, to see if it goes away) my temps NEVER got higher than 42 C under load. I ran Toast as well as Folding@Home and my CPU/Mobo temps were 42/40 at their highest. I only let it run at those temps for about 5 minutes, since I dont know much about this stuff and wanted to "play it safe". This is a rig I built for my girlfriend to do her schoolwork and such on (Although, she has yet to actually DO that).

Well I've also had some problems with the sblive cards and overclocking, however upgrading to the audigy solved all the problems, and it sounds better to boot.

Funny......I have my sb live!1024 running at 40MHz (pci speed) just fine. It plays sounds ok and there are no "side effects".

Back