• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very low temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boltos1

Registered
hi, i've got an xp1700+ (1.43ghz) i've managed to get it up to 1.68ghz the temps are really low! 28c as im' writing this and it goes to 31c underload! is this real?
i'm reading my temps off via's mobo monitor
this its my set up:-
1700+ (1.43ghz) @ 1.68ghz (11*153)
iwill k266plus-r
256mb ram rated up to 150fsb
ibm 40gb hdd * 2
sk7 heatsink(and a loud fan)
4 case fans( one above the cup heatsink + fan)
loads of artic silver
and various other gubbins which are not important

ARE THESE TEMPS WRONG OR DO I HAVE REALLY GOOD COOLING?

If your ambient temperature is 18 to 22 degrees I would say that it is accurate. You might want to try another monitor program to confirm like MBM 5.

Could be your bios is misreporting the temps...are these from an insocket thermistor or on-diode?

My mobo reads 28C on-Die at the moment....but this was due to a latest flash of the bios...before that it was 38C so I don't know whats going on...but I think that my 38C sounds a little more realistic than 28C.

Try searching or asking in the appropriate mobo forum as there are probably people with the same mobo who will be able to tell you whats up :cool:

I am getting about the same temps with my tually. 40C load and 32C idle with no other cooling except dragon orb 3. with 4 80mm fans on (2 in, 2out) I get 34C-36C load and about 30C idle. This is with via hardware monitor(same as in bios). Sisoft Sandra shows the temps 4C higher, but thats no problem seeing that the 1ghz is at 1.4ghz+

Back