• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2400 worth unlocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I have tryed 13x166 at Turbo settings for memory and my PC wont even get into Bios. I then tryed 13x145 and still wont.

I am afraid to unlock this chip because I dont want to be stuck with a lower multiplier (12.5-) and not be able to get my front bus up to 180+ with Turbo Memory settings.

I can get my PC to run at 15x140 in turbo settings fine.

I can get my PC to run at 13x166 in relaxed memory settings of 2.5,3,3,6 which gives me 2.17ghz.

Do I have bad memory maybe?

Well if you unlock it with defogger and don't get what your looking for you can always clean it off and be back to where you are now, give it a try. I am gonna get a 2700+ soon and see where I can get watercooled with that.

mamer

I just unlocked my t-bred today and I have an asus a7s333 so basically its a simular board with an SIS chip instead of via. I am running it at 140mhz too with the 2400 @ 2100mhz.

I used the wire on the bottom trick and it unlocked 12.5 and lower, the thing is too even get the stock mhz for the processor I'd have to do a 160mhz bus like that. I think i read a review before on the a7s333 that said that the highest they could get it to go was 158mhz- and thats with some board mods. I had it booting at 160 and it would start to load windows but thats all I could do, and is definitely not the memory because i used the cpu/mem 4/3 ratio as opposed to 1 to 1 which i'm using with a 15X140. In my situation it was definitely not worth it... in yours- i'd say unless you can get the bus to run 160 its not worth it either because to even get the 2400 to stock speed thats what you need 160X12.5 let alone to overclock it you'd need 170 to 180- my board just won't do that kinda speed, it was designed to be 133mhz so i'd say 15 or 16 X 140 - 150 are my only options.

btw you can unlock it with a wire, check out the post about how to unlock a t-bred 2400.

Back