• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need an nforce 2 mobo that has two things

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

I am about to start an extreem oc project and I need an Nforce2 (or kt400a if they end up meeting these requirements). Both a AGP and a PCI lock and voltage up to at least 2v. Do any of the nforce2 boards have this. All the things Ive read seem to be clueless about the existance of the pci lock :confused:

The epox 8rda+ has the voltage you are looking for but I don't think anyone has proven the pci lock to be 100% true on it.

Well, i couldve sworn that the Asus A7n8x has both PCI and AGP bus locks.

I dont know much about voltage specs, but....maybe the a7n8x Deluxe version has the 2.0v?
(am i correct or wrong :|)

Good luck board hunting.

-Bubba

bubba gump said:
Well, i couldve sworn that the Asus A7n8x has both PCI and AGP bus locks.

I dont know much about voltage specs, but....maybe the a7n8x Deluxe version has the 2.0v?
(am i correct or wrong :|)

Good luck board hunting.

-Bubba

only has 1.85 vcore, id go for the 8RDA+

does anyone know for a fact that rev 1.1 fixed the GF4 problem because i have a Visiontek Geforce4 Ti4600 and i don't want to have it killed but i like the features of the epox. If not i might just go witht he asus to be safe.

well... here are the tips which is my guessing at best to GF4 with 8RDA+ (read the sticky in the epox mobo)

Your VisionTek GF4 Ti4600 is on the list. Two people fried it both version A and version B. Now VisionTek has gone under although the company brought visiontek said they will honor the warranty, however, they have few cards in stock. So if you want to RMA you need to wait for a long time.

I do not know 8RDA+ rev 1.1 will solve GF4 crisis for sure. I don't work for Epox although I like it very much. My 8RDA+ serves me great.

Standard Procedure installing your GF4.

1) Use a wrist band. ground yourself. touch the psu.

2) Install your RAM first before you install your GF4 (install the card last so prevent you from bending your gf4 when install RAM)

3) If you have a none GF4 card, boot the machine first and flash it with the latest official release bios.

4) Turn off the machine and install your GF4 and make sure you do not bend the card or rub off any small tiny capacitor (sp?).

5) If you need to swap your RAM or move it to a different slot, take out your GF4 card first.

Back