• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to apply AS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

hi all,

I'm going to install SK-7 w/ tornado fan on 1600+ agoia w/ Artic silver 3 .. this is my first time using AS3 as thermal grease ..I have read the instruction on AS3 page but not sure .. Do I apply AS3 on both ends ( the die surface .. that rectangle area and heatsink)
and how much ?

thanks

ok

use a credit card to smoothe it out. It should be pretty thin, almost transparent, and it shouldnt spill out the sides. make it even as possible for best contact. Takes a few days to set, so ur temps will drop gradually by a few c.

kevinN said:
hi all,

I'm going to install SK-7 w/ tornado fan on 1600+ agoia w/ Artic silver 3 .. this is my first time using AS3 as thermal grease ..I have read the instruction on AS3 page but not sure .. Do I apply AS3 on both ends ( the die surface .. that rectangle area and heatsink)
and how much ?

thanks

What's making you doubt what you have read? The INSTRUCTIONS clearly states that you apply the compound on the heatsink's base & the CPU's core/die.

thanks Sonny I got it now so both surfaces .. just to make sure . ya know after burning 1 cpu you begin to doubt urself sometime

Back