• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Finished

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Finaly Finished. I decided that while i was on holiday for Christm:santa2:s and newyears i would take the time to do a case mod, being rather envyous of freinds and fellow O/C members of a window i decided to take the plunge and carve up my case. So here it is I got a Aqua blue light from the local car mod shop for 700 Yen which is around 4.50 GBP so all i need to do was remove the Cigarette Lighter plug and attach a power link for the PC. I'm very happy with the results.I now have 2 weeks left before it's back to work ...so whats next?

BlueIce2.jpg

BlueIce3.jpg

BlueIce.jpg

Thanks to ziptieboy for the idea of using car door cover for the window edges....i got a smoked grey that soakes the light!

Does any one know of a place that can host larger pics?

Nice clean window. I like the fan. You could always get some EL wire to play around with, or try doing some etching on your window. Great job for your first one!

Thanks Guys...im planning on getting another coolmaster fan to go on the ALpha heatsink at the back ....what is EL wire? and also maybe cut a two long slits down the front of the case and back those slits with etched plexi glass to catch the light so that it will then run through the front of the case....

It's caused by two more Coolmaster fans mounted at the front theres a blow hole at the top that has one also !
DSC010021.jpg

It looks really nice...for what's next, you might want to try to mod the Digidoc LCD into being blue, to fit in with the theme :)

Yeah that what i was planning but how could i go about it .....is it possible to change the colour?

I suppose the only way to find out is to remove the sucker :D

Thanks for the link ..... Loner sorry to say this but thats one ugly cat j/k:D

nice job man... i still need a blue light for mine :p and i belive his cat looks funny because its upside down... haha just got my cats some catnip toys today .. one of em slobberd all over the catnip filled mouse.. was funny.. [/ end off topic speaking] ...

chris_4130 said:
nice going i like the way the neon shines through the front of the case aswell!
:santa:

Thanks that gave me another good idea ...there are bulking Fan gaurds in the front of the case but the bezzel protects them so i don't need the gaurds ....OUT WITH THE DREMMEL! and Hey presto! Brighter front grill! This has to be my favourite photo!!

blueice 4.jpg
Also Thanks for the link to change the Digi Doc to a blue light.....although mine is a 2nd series but im either going to upgrade or buy a LCD

LOL, my cat looks funny in that pic because I flipped it, and reduced it from a resolution of 1280x960, so there is mucho pixelation :(

Nice job on the fans, though :)

I love that that pic, it looks so BLOO. lol.
Are your LEDs in your drives still stock color, cuz if so, you could change them to bloo also.

Scott

No the DVD RW and DVD and Floppy all have Blue LED's also the Power and HDD lights are Blue...Im still looking for a twin Colour Blue/white Led for the monitor.

Oh ok, just makin sure. You could put el wire around the front of the drives, kinda outlinin them, if you know what i mean.

Scott

Mine will soon look very similar. Very well done, I can only hope mine turns out so well. I went out and got an Air Brush for the extra brag points :D.

Nicely done.

Back