• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help,Please with a cherry on top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheBowWowKid

Registered
Ok a week ago my 1800Xp went bye bye.

So what do I do....upgrade.

Today I've received my 2200+ Tbred and installed it on my old abit Kr7a motherboard...nothing..not a peep. So I'm thinking maybe I killed my mortherboard too.

I whip out my Epox 8k5a+ (refurb) and install everthing on that M.B. Now I get the Nvidia screen then a splash screen with a car and the Epox logo..but that's it...it stays stuck there. I tried pressing delete, clearing the cmos and double checking connections.

So did I get a dead chip or is it something else.

Thanks for you time and help everyone.

431w Enermax
Ti200
seagate HD 30gb
SLK800 with Tornado
512mb Kingston Ram

Skiing Squirrel said:
Does that board have a jumper ON the board to clear the comos?
If it does, I would do that, and that should solve the problem.

I tried clearing the Cmos...didn't work =(.

OK I got it to boot and even go into windows...once.

Then windows started to go nuts so I restarted...all I get the second time around was the blue screen of death.

Tried safe mode...the same. Tried to do a fresh install of Windows but as soon as Windows tries to set up it goes into the blue screen. I figured that Windows couldn't cope with the new motherboard.

BTW when the blue screen appears it says something about "Sytem has been halted contact your hardware vendor".

...any ideas.

OS is XP

Thanks .

could be memory problems, check your settings in the bios and make sure that they are the most conservative. in fact, set all your settings to the most conservative you can,,, i suppose you have the cpu at stock speeds. right? anyway, try that. if it still doesnt work , come back

Try flashing the board with the latest BIOS, I hope that this can do the trick. If it booted windows either ur heatsink is mounted wrong and it gets very hot or just you need to update the BIOS.

BTW>> If you're using a legal copy of WinXP, you have to reactivate it, that's why its causing the errors.

I'm on the machine now..but it's underclocked. (1.36)
=(

BTW I'm getting higher FPS in Quake3 with this speed than with my old 1800+ overclocked lightly @1.62ghz. Srtange.

I'm goin to update eveything and do a fresh install of XPsp1

I'll post any problems
:rolleyes:

Thanks peeps for your time and help.

Whats the "Vio voltage" I get a error saying that its off limits and hardware doctor asks me if I want to shut down or ignore. I think its too low (2.30)

Maybe that's causing my problems??

BTW the only way my PC will star Windows is by severely underclocking the CPU.

Last edited:
Back