• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help out a confused dude (me lol)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arter Vandalay

Registered
Sup guys, I'm new here and I can see you all have this knowledge that I want :D. Now I seek for advice. "From now on, you can refer to me as Betty"

I have checked out InnovaSET6 but that radiator forces me to mod my case for a 120mm blowhole or have it on the bottom (and got already a 80mm blowhole there) and their tubing is not so good.

So.... basicly I need to re-think what I need :p

What I want is something that can fit in a lian li pc60, performant, not too expensif and that with 1/2" tygon (too bad clearflex isn't so clear...) tubing (dunno if ID or OD fittings are better). Consider the fact that I won't mod my case (never did and if I do, first times will be on my vintage beige boxes :p)

I doubt a heatercore could even fit in this case so thats out of option. I move with my case once in a while to lan with my friends so I want everything inside 'n secure of course :D.

thanks guys! Keep Rockin'on your mad modifiers cause one day... the student (me) will own the teacher (you guys) :p

Welcome to the forums Master Pain! .....er, Betty!

Perhaps an external set up would be best for you? (just don't get the Koolance Exos, its a rip off!).

Hey Arter and welcome to the forums. I agree with the first two posts. I would build and external box and use this for a rad as it's fairly small and the inlet/outlet on on the top so the rad could be positioned on it's side in a box. Then choose your pump: Via aqua, Eheim... I would go with the Ehiem 1250 if your not on a tight budget. Now get a 4"x4"x4" junction box from your harware store and use as a res. You can tap, glue, or JBWeld a barb in the side for the oultlet and one on top for the return(or both in the side if you prefer). Take a piece of tubing and connect the outlet of the res to the inlet of the pump like this.

fce8f43d.jpg

*Edit* or use this heatercore on the front for a cleaner look like this.

fce8ed17.jpg

Last edited:
So Basicly the tricky part of this is to actually have the external box and do a 120mm intake and holes for tubing... where to even get a external box which could fit those 3 elements :rolleyes: of the setup.

I never even thought of this and it IS interesting :) Can you guys give me an example of a finished external portable kit or how actually have the box to work with? BTW I'm not a "Tim The Toolman Taylor" wanabe who has the tools and stuffs to "make" from scratch these stuffs

Thanks for the help til now

Well if you want it truly portable then this is the best type of setup, but if your not handy with tools then your kind of hosed.

If your still interested then this is what you need:
Making the box out of wood would be the easiest way. Then you'll need a 4"x4"x4" junction box, two hose barbs and two highflow quick disconnects like this.

fce8d645.jpg

Just add the pump and heatercore to the mix in the fashion I illustrated in the above post and you'll have a totally portable W/Cooled rig. BTW the Quick disconnects I use are the bulkhead shutoff style this way they fasten to the box and when you unhook the two thier are built in valves that shut and keep the water from leaking;)

Originally posted by Arter Vandalay
thanks guys! Keep Rockin'on your mad modifiers cause one day... the student (me) will own the teacher (you guys) :p

You better get good with tools grasshopper:D :D

Last edited:
Arter Vandalay said:
So Basicly the tricky part of this is to actually have the external box and do a 120mm intake and holes for tubing... where to even get a external box which could fit those 3 elements :rolleyes: of the setup.

I never even thought of this and it IS interesting :) Can you guys give me an example of a finished external portable kit or how actually have the box to work with? BTW I'm not a "Tim The Toolman Taylor" wanabe who has the tools and stuffs to "make" from scratch these stuffs

Thanks for the help til now
You dont happen to post at astb, do you?

Back