• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Years resolution...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
...is to find another 10Ghz for team 32. Whether it be by purchasing upgrades or new systems for home and/or office, in addition to finding new members for the team, I'm going to make it my personal goal to find 10Ghz as soon as possible.

We are in a stalemate with the Aussies as everytime we increase in production (which has been really impressive :D), they move up as well. Our team needs a huge push.

New chips are coming out, albiet at a slightly slower rate than we would like (read: AMD), and the old chips are dropping in price making upgrades a little easier on the wallet. There's family, friends, co-workers, classmates, strangers, and countless other computer users that are dying to fold, they just don't know it yet.

Now I challenge everyone of my team mates, what is your resolution?

Wedo

I'm with ya! I have added another 2 gigs or so in the last few days... I have a couple of P4 2.0's to add soon too...

thats one heck of a resolution Wedo.. I like it!! i think i'll try for that too!

i've already gotten started, i just gained 2 processors last night/today:

- 433mhz cele
- 1600+ XP @ stock

so theres 1.833ghz so far out of my 10! :D

i don't think i can add 10Ghz but i belive i can bring my total up to 10Ghz (i'm almost halfway there) by summer. i'm not counting possible computers that i can fold on, i'm only counting computer that i will own.

I'd like to hit a total of 10GHz by summer of 2k3. Hopefully that will be in the form of a farm with XP1600+s.

Ima addin a dually 2x 2400's and whatever they'll clock to. I was trying to make it a xmas present to the fold but ran out of time (and resources) so i will complete when i get back from ranch. Its not a 10 ghz increase, but it will get me up to 10 ghz total :D. Im maxed at 5 rigs as i promised that is all i would run ($0.19/kwh is a killer, almost $20 per rig/month :( .) so from here on out, if i want more power i have to sell and upgrade (this could mean 5 duallies hmmmm that'll work). Anyway, i hope we can all get a littel boost here and there so we can start catching the aussies again. or better yet, push them hard enough so we both pass [H] :D

I dont mind the rigs, it's the extra $10.00 ea runs extra a month in electricity, and living in HOT So Cal and having to run the pool filter, So Cal Edison loves us already, snicker snicker :eek:

Plus I need to dump my GF2 MX200 VC for a new one.lol.

Well, I'll be up to 20.73GHz just after Xmas ( so I'd say the only feasible thing for me to do would be to try and keep it going since my house can barely handle the load lol.

I suppose avoiding a fire would be a good thing too :D

I go to settlement on my new home Feb 28th. I will be moving in that weekend and will then have a dedicated pc room. So I will be working on adding rigs after that. Provided of course there is money left over after the mortgage payment each month. I have a mb and xp1600 waiting to be setup though.
In the meantime I'm getting pushed out of the top 30. Man competition is getting stiff around here. You guys in the top 20 better keep raising your output if you wanna keep your seats ;)

Fold On. Oh, and Merry Christmas as I'm going out of town to Florida. :santa2:

I think we should set a OC folding team new years resolution. To get ahead of OCAU!!!!! Now that'll be quite a challenge, and quite a realistic one me thinks!

seal said:
I think we should set a OC folding team new years resolution. To get ahead of OCAU!!!!! Now that'll be quite a challenge, and quite a realistic one me thinks!

And that, my friends, is the best one of all. Let's do this!!! :D

Me? I'm limited by space and electric bills too, so the only way up, is to replace single CPU systems with duallies.

And with the fact that the Win9x/ME platform doesn't support SMP, this might not be such a bad idea, in many ways....:p ;)

Fold ON!!

B.

I think that is a very good resolution. I'll fold to that.

Axle

hey, someone start another countdown to 1000GHz (or something you think sould fit there)...that should be a good goal for us, i think it will help us out too :) im about to add 4GHz+ myself :) im doing the same thing wally up there is doing DUAL 2400's BABY! :):):):)

edit- that will also put me over 10GHz too (2 of it is intel)

Last edited:
This is great guys! I just picked a number and decided to go for it. I'll add, upgrade, and recruit 10Ghz as soon as humanly possible. Add what you can, recuit even more and we'll be on our way!!!

Wedo

Well, ive added the comps at work they would let me install it on.

2 x 1.3 celery's (most of day)
1 x 733 celery (24/7)
-----------------------------------------
3.333 mhz added to my name :)

Then, if all goes well, soon aftertt the New Year i should be adding my new to be done rig w/ a 1600+

And then with my current 1.3 p4, that would bring my total to

2 x 1.3 celery's
1 x 733 celery
1 x 1.3 p4
1 x 1.4 xp 1600+ (will be oc'd yes :cool: )
------------------------------------------------------
6.033ghz folding for bubbagump on team 32!

Soon enough after that i will be able to add more comps i hope.....and hopefully recruit more people.

Well, that is my resolution, and i hope i can uphold......cheers! :beer:

My new years resolution is for my team to make it in the top 750. We are on track to easily do it. And my other one is to try to get more people to visit our site (pcgamersoasis.com)

Holy cow! 10Ghz more? Talk about committment!

I am tapped for space, more or less, but could probably add 1 more gig or so to my folding effort. I have most of the parts, just need a cpu.

I'll be adding another .6 GHz soon... I just won an auction for a dual PII board off eBay and I'm looking for some PII 333's on the cheap (board only takes Klamath core PII's). This rig will mostly be my file server, since I can probably run it quieter than a TBird system.

400-450 MHz out of each CPU would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. Considering I'll spend less than $100 building this rig it won't be too bad of a deal.

The dual AMD rig should be getting some 1800+ TBredB's as soon as they are available as well.

Back