• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have a t1 :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

two_dope2000

i have a confirmed AP for a T1 line from my school which reaches a good distance around my town, what should i do with it? lol

T1? I get that kind of bandwidth some of the time through my cable modem. Happy days.

So, you have access to a T1, or you have a T1 coming to your house?

-ben

i wish i had a t1 coming to my house, my school has a wireless t1 connection being sent to them from the administration building, and theyre a litle more than a mile apart, while in range of the administration building i can have access to the t1 line. this is a really contraversial subject right now and im not too sure if i should have even posted this, bu im not out to do anything melacious, i just wanna check my email while im at the mall or driving in my car.

i can download as fast as T1 :) but i dont care about download speeds much now :p I need some upstream now haha :)

Hey, I live in Michigan.:D:D:D

Maybe your school t1 will reach my house:D

But, anyways, I think this post will get the boot. I don't think its right to steal internet from your school, and I don't think talking about it will be tolerated here, so be warned.

-CPFitz-

I wonder how good an antenna in your car would even work? If it did work, it would have to be within close proximity to any directed signal. Also, typical wireless antennas are omnidirectional, whereas the wireless point to point connections are unidirectional.

Oh well. Would be cool.

-ben

First of all, while using the school's Wireless AP, you will have to comply with it's terms of service, or acceptable use policy, or whatever. If not, you can be expelled and have some serious criminal charges laid on you.

Besides that, "what should I do with it?" is like asking "what is the internet for?" or "what do people do on the internet?" .. everyone knows. (FORUMS, of course!:D)

Most residential DSL and Cable surpass T1 speeds. T1=1.544Mbits/s up and down. My Cable gets me about 2Mbits down. The only advantage you get with a T1 is upload bandwidth (which you probably won't use much of on the school's network.)

speaking of all this wireless, is anyone here have any information on how to setup a wireless isp, i know the basics, but i am very interested in setting up some repeaters around my town and charging 5 or 10 bucks a month, and i would rent out some wireless pcmia cards or pci cards cor a price. btw, my interconnection would be dual cable lines from charter, im not sure about theyre user agreement yet, but if they dont like it, then i have a good hookup on a t1, 2, or 3 line. NOT the school either. lol.

Back