• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ temp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Medicated

i just put together a new system with an 8rda+ and an 1800+ tbred. have it running now at 11.5x166, vcore set to 1.7. i'm using an slk-800 with a 54 cfm sunon fan, and the only case fans i have are the 2 that came with the case(still waiting for the others i ordered). i've been running toast and prime95 for about 4 hours now. What i'm wondering about is the temperature readings i'm getting, and i'm wondering how accurate they are? i'm using the software that came with the mobo, USDM. when it was idle, it was showing the cpu temp at 35C, after 4 hours at 100% cpu load, it shows it at 39C. how much can i trust these temps?

actualy i dont know how accurate thos are. i dont think they are very accurate. my bios is reporting the power supply temp as the cpu temp and the cpu temp as the power supply temp right now. when im not overclocked i was gettin 35C at idle and when running prime95 for a while i had 39C also i think is incorrect because i have a 2400+ and u have a 1700+ i have arctic silver 3 thermal paste the thermalright ax-7 with a 75cfm fan on it, 75cfm case fan and a 60mm fan blowin air out the back of my comp. my power supply has 2 fans on it so i dont see how it could be that hot and the cpu. cuz when i touch the heatsink its not really even hot its just a little warm.

Back