• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1700 RIRDA Tbred-A results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeph009

Registered
AXDA1700LT3C
RIRDA0236TPMW

from newegg.com

I havn't heard of anyone else having this stepping, or anyone even hearing of it. So here are my results

183 X 10 = 1.83ghz @ 1.75v STABLE (24hr of prime95)
Case: 32C
CPU: 39C (8K3AE socket diode) (63C core diode [inaccurate?])
Cooler: Vantec Aeroflow (highly recommended)

This chip will not hit 1.9ghz stable even w/ 1.95v, pc2700@166mhz, agp/pci in spec. The brick wall starts right around 1.84-1.86ghz.

From what i hear, the core diode reading on the 8k3a series reports 20C higher than normal. Kinda questioning these temp readings. But the Vantech Aeroflow does kick ***!

Not too shabby for a 57 dollar cpu :)

I got the exact same cpu with very similar results. The only problem I have is that I can't boot into Xp with the voltage high enough to maintain those speeds, I can only get into 98. But it IS stable as hell in 98. :rolleyes:

This stepping hasn't had the greatest track record, there have been twice as many good overclocks (2,000mhz+) from the AIUGA cores. RIRDA were early tbred cores, the AIUGA were several revisions later and more refined, hence their better overclocking ability.

I picked one up at a compter fair yesterday, should have waited for a better stepping but just started reading about these a day ago and did'nt know wich one was better.

Anyways I am running at 1825mhz or 2200+ (12.5x146) @ 1.82 volts. My temps are low for as much voltage I am running, I am hitting 34c idle and 38c after running prime 95 for 24 hours. Best 2200xp I never bought.

I think my old Amd 761 mobo is limiting me from going higher though. The bios does not recognize anything higher than a 2200+ wich I found to be true when I booted at 1900mhz and it posted as an 1900mhz, Thought is was a little sketcky so I backed off and started testing. Decent overclocker though.

Good return on the money you put out.
Im waiting for the tbreb RevBs since they'll suposedly o/c a lot better.

I won't go for anything that won't hit over 2Ghz.

I have an RIRGA tbred 1700+.

I can hit 1.74ghz @ 1.675v.

Today ive had it running @ 1.8ghz (180x10) @ 1.75v. @ 1.83ghz (166x11) it will load mostly through windows and freeze. Soon i am going to mod my motherboard to goto 2.0v

With my Volcano V6CU+ heatsink, and a couple fnas (hehe 4 80mm's and 2 60mm's @ 21v hehe) i idle @ 39C and load @ 43C.

And to add to all that im running 2 hard drives and 2 cdroms with a 250w psu haha. Im getting a 400w antec soon with a SLK-800.

Does someone have a picture of the CPU that they can show us? Its kinda nice I guess to see such a variety of steppings out there now. At least its showing that AMD is now actually doing sometin LOL unlike before when it took forever to get the t-breds :(

Anyhow, from what I hear, the AIUGB CPUs are great! overclockers. Even the best from AMD soo far? :)

OC-Master

I've got an AIUGA 1700+ that will do 1870 @ 1.75 (Running it at 1860 cause my ram sticks wont do 187 stable together (one does 195 by itself the other does 186-187.)

I think I could get 2ghz with a volt mod... but I'm doubtful that my ram will hold up much more (@ default voltage now, but I havent seen much gains with voltage boosts on other ram) and I wont raise core volts for a multi boost.

Here is the pic of mine

MVC-002F.JPG

i just got in a AIUGA 1700+ in from newegg in a retail box

using
a7v266
thermaltake volcano6cu+
all temps are under full load, and before somebody comments about melting the cpu, this board gives strange readings, using the same processor and heatsink in a gigabyte board gives a -15C difference, also the board is known to overvolt so the voltages listed my be low

1st off, its multiplier is 12 by default, and its detected as a 1900+, which i definately won't complain about :cool:

i've only had it in a couple days, so far the highest i've gotten it is [email protected] vcore(12.5x155) 60C. it loaded into xp, ran prime95 for an hour or so, then gave me a memory error. I'm still running a kt266 board and that is about where the chipset craps out, i've had memory problems at that fsb speed before.

highest rock solid point so far was 1875(12.5x150)

right now i have it at [email protected] 55C b/c i swapped the retail heatsinks fan for my 7200 and i'm really enjoying the quiet :D

note that all of this was done in hot louisiana weather (it was hot monday anyway) using not the best heatsink

1937.jpg

btw, 1st post :eek:

doh, i knew i'd forget something...

is there a marginally painless way to unlock higher multipliers on the lower tbreds?

Back