Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Modem squeal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-22-02, 05:04 AM Thread Starter   #1
Mick

Modem squeal

I have installed a conexant generic modem driver i can connect without any prob's but the modem makes a squealing noise as if it is constantly handshaking with my ISP any help please.
Mick is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-02, 10:47 AM   #2
n_ick2000

Try turning down the modem speaker volume:

Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems Tab > Select your modem and hit properties > Modem Tab > and set the speaker volume to a good level.

Is that what you were looking for?
n_ick2000 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-02, 02:09 PM   #3
baqai

if you are asking that your modem keeps handshaking for a long time and no connection is established than you might want to check your line for any line disturbance or noise, there if there is any chances of a clean connection are very slim and your modem will act like an ass

Processor : Intel Core i7 3770K Mobo :Asus P8Z77-VLK GPU : Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 2gb
PSU : Corsair GS 800 Casing : CM 690 III Cooling : CM Seidon 240M CPU, 1 x 200 MM, 6 x 120 MM RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 Storage : Corsair Force GS 3 240 GB SSD Boot Drive, 5 TB+ Data Storage Display :1x42" Panasonic C10 Plasma and Dell 23" 1080p LED Speakers :Onkyo 605 with Polk Audio 5.1 Setup

baqai is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-02, 05:14 PM Thread Starter   #4
Mick

No i'am using the modem now there is just a constant squeal coming from the modem even with speaker vol down anymore suggestions please I think it is driver related it is a conexant modem with chipset no RS56/sp or r6793-17 running on winme thanks
Mick is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-22-02, 08:20 PM   #5
Mr. Chambers

10 Year Badge

just had the same problem with the same brand of modem on a customers computer last night... that machine used XP Home, but it ended up being a driver issue... make SURE you're using the right/newest drivers, and if that still doesnt work, uninstall everything even related to the modem, shutdown, pull modem out, stick it in a different PCI slot, and reinstall it with the right drivers.. fixed it for me..

Sapphire HD 7970 OC
Corsair HX750 750w
OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
Cooler Master CM 690 II
Logitech G710+ & G9x
Dell U2713HM
Mr. Chambers is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.