• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me if its dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Well i was doing some OC test to my rig since i got a new corsair 3500 and tried 11*170 (XP1700) and now it wont go any further from the window that says that windows didnt shutdow properly. Any setting i choose on that reboots the PC.

Its my HD corrupted? Should i trie repearing the windows?

Any Suggestions:mad:

does it lock up or does it let you choose how you want to start up windows?

Stupid question but did you try lowering the FSB maybe that setting you have it on right now isn't stable and it won't let you start windows.

It dosent look, im able to choose any options but after that it reboot. The setting in bios are at defaults ( 100FSB ).

I have tested my HD in other computer and it works. Maybe the boot sector is bad. ill trie to install another HD with a fresh windows to see what happneds.

The weir thing is that it would not recognize the HD at startup or sometimes it take a minute, Could this be that the IDE are scruwed? (Allready changed the cables)

Well i just reinstalled windows on that HD and its ok. Must have been the extreme OC i tried that corrupted the boot sector

Just curious,
When you had your FSB at 170 was your PCI divider at 4? Does your mobo not have a 5 divider and if it does does it kick in automatically at 166 fsb?

I guess you can see where I'm going with the questions, so when you try ocing again you might consider this angle if the same problem resurfaces.

im sure it has a 1/5 diviser because i able to get it up to 185 ( not stable ). i allready reinstalled windows and everything its bacj to normal

Back