• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Music?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Do any of you guys know any sites that have game music available for download? I'm interested in game music for the old consoles like the Sega and Super Snes, and pc games too.

Well, I guess it would really depend on the videogame. I don't know too much about it, but from what I gather, programs either output sound to waveout or directsound (assuming you're using windows). Probably the first step would be to find where the output is going and then try and find a program to rip that stream into a wave. Then take the wave and see if you can convert it to a midi using one of the many wave to midi conversion tools.

Well, it depends on where you would normally buy them. If you look at the manufactures site, and they want you to pay money to download it, or something, then you can bet that if you download the full version off something like Kazaa, it would be illegal. If you can download it free from the site, (not a shareware version), then I guess it would be legal to get off Kazaa.

Back