• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:EVERYONE Please read!: i have a quick question for you...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
i have a quick question for you...

there is a lot of buzz with folding with this and that- 3ghz procs and duallie monster. but here is my question... how many of you would fold ASAP with a sub 1 gig proc if it was given to you?

---please, if you read this drop at least a yes or no, a maybe would even be good, as this is pertaining to a possible giveaway...!---

FOLD ON
NAS

I'm sure we all would fold with anything that we can get our grubby little mits on:)

plague said:
I'm sure we all would fold with anything that we can get our grubby little mits on:)

Damn Straight :cool: :) :D

So, yes NAS, i would fold with a sub-1 processor....actualy i am folding with a 733mhz celly....one of the comps at parents work...so ehee

for sure. I've already got one sub 1GHz processor burning away in my laptop. Depending on the cpu type, I might have most of the components already.

Why not? I would even strive to scrounge up a system if it was not complete, just for the sake of finding another excuse to mod something :p. Every little bit helps

Mr B said:
If I had the other components handy (IE, compatable mobo, ram, etc..), absolutely.

same. if i had everything i needed to get a rig together (or very close to it) i would definatly get it folding. i would probably run linux on it too, i want to start learning linux for obvious reasons ;)

YES of course! I have a full LAN here (home) and have enough for 25 machines with parking spots for ALL of them. :D

If Socket A, most definitely. I have motherboards waiting for a CPU. I add them a little at a time as my budget allows. I buy processors last since the prices go down all the time.

Absolutley! Actually...all of my procs are sub 1ghz. I had to sell a few of my good machines to get my butt out to cali. Now I have two 500mgz laptops, and 3 servers with dual 850's. Everylittle bit counts.

I have 3 slot A Athlons, sub 1Ghz. (650, 800, and 900) Slow, but reliable. :) I would consider it, but then there's always the voice in the back of my head saying that I could get more GHz folding for about the same in electrical costs.

YES!! No restrictions at all. Not only would I like to fold on it, but I need the experience with the different CPUs

Count me in!

steve

Back