• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7 2100+ > Board MOD needed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colin03

KX7 with 2400+... Board MOD needed!!!

I emailed Abit when my 2400+ wouldnt boot properly or was erratic with memory!

In praise to them they emailed back quite quick but said that for this board to be used with a thoroughbred cpu, i would have to send my motherboard to them for a modification to the circuitry for it to fully compatable.

I was gutted and peeved and hacked off!!!

For if one checks out Abits site the latest bios CLEARLY states that this board with the latest bios can be used with a 2400+ or 2600+. IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT MODS HAVING TO BE CARRIED OUT!!!

Dont try getting one of these boards to use with a 2400+ cpu as i dont want anyone else to hacked off like me.

I am really Anti-Abit now and have since got an Epox 8RDA+ which is the biz!!!

I thought of re-emailing Abit for an indepth excuse/answer, but i get the feling it may be wasted.

I reckon a lot of these companies are bringing out bioses for boards which are GREAT up to 2100+ palamino but dont actually do the biz with thoroughbred.

I got the 2400+ as present from my parents which even adds more insult to injury.

KX7 + 2400+ = WASTE OF TIME /DOESNT WORK PROPERLY OR AT ALL/ EVEN WITH OFFICIAL 2400+ STATED BIOS.

Any Abit staff comments?

Last edited:
u must have an older rev 1 board which wernt designed to work with the t-bred since then a rev 1.1 has been realeased which solves this problem. Abit is a decent company at least they offered to mod ur board so u cant really have a go at them (sorry about any spelling mistakes:D )

Staff? None of them here. Old problem that you just found out? This is what keeps a lot of people from buying Abit, CPU compatibility issues has been a problem since the KT7A - |RAID rev 1.0 days.

Ah, ok the bit about staff from Abit reading this was sarcasm on my part....

My board is actually 1.1 as it is written on the sticker beneath board!

Abit were told it was a 1.1 and still said it needed the mod.

I stand by my comments.

The crux of it is is that.....

a motherboard manufacturer doesnt put out an updated bios stating that it will perform with a cpu with it, that it clearly states will!!!

One doesnt buy a cd player then finds getting it home that there is no laser, but manufacturer says that if you return it to them they will put a laser in it for you.???

just cuz they say it wont work doesnt mean that it wont me and others have gotten xps to work on boards that they said would never work or read properly

Back