• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$200 to spend on what speakers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
I got $200 to burn on a set of speakers. Im thinking of the Altec Lansing ultimate 641 or the Logitech Z 560

both can be bought for about $150 and both have 400w total power. the logitech appears to have 1 speaker for the sub while the altec has 2x6.5in speakers for the subs. I dont know the exatch specs of the logitech so i dont know the size of the sub. im guessing maybe a 8in.
can i get anything better for this price range? I will be using them for mainly gamming and MP3.

AZN

i personally have the z560 and they are great speakers. the subwoofer is very powerful and the setup pumps out a heck of alot of volume. i dont kno about the other speaker setup but u wont be disappointed with the logitech z560's.

-jason

does any1 know the size and power of the woofer? i just want the best subs u can buy for the PC. but i dont want 5.1, im sticking to 4.1
i wish i can get some of the big subs that the 5.1 have...

AZN

188watts on the z560's is a lot of bass. when i turn the bass all the way up everything in my bassment shakes and i usually get my mom yelling at me to turn it down. lol. u can always go with non pc speakers if u want real power.

personally, i would go with the klipsch 4.1 system, can get it for $200 or so, think there was a 50 rebate for it somewhere too.

With logitech you get that nice controller unit...but with klipsch you get a very full rich sound that fills the room. My friend has the klipsch 4.1's and they are AWSOME to say the least.

But either way spending 200 bucks will get you some high quality speakers that wont be disappointing.

Have fun ya loaded bastage;) ;)

they have the logitechs at bestbuys, ill go there and listen to them before i buy it.

AZN

I see newegg carries both the z560 for $136 and the klipsch 4.1 system for $215. I did find the Klipsch on other sites for $185 but i dont trust their resellerrattings. has any1 heard the klipsch 4.1 system? is it worth the extra cash? I c that the Klipsch has a dual 6.5in sub like the altec lansing. is the single sub in the Logitech able to keep up?

AZN

the klipsch 4.1 system is excellent, good sound quality and very very loud. think you can get it from circuit city for 200, and there was a 50 rebate on it, but i'm not sure if the rebate is still valid.

the klipsch 4.1 uses the dual 6.5in subwoofers like the altec lansing ultimate 641. has any1 heard the altecs? with the simalar woofer design i wonder how the altecs sound for bass.

AZN

My sister has the altec lansings. She has the 2.1 setup, so I not sure what sub it uses. They sound real nice. But your not going to rattle the teeth outta gradma with em. On the other hand, the klispch's could bring down your house....if you want them to of course:santa: :santa: :santa:

well i went to bestbuys and got to test both the z560 and Klipsch 4.1
the z560 sub was a single 6.5in bandpass box. well im not 100% sure its a 6.5in but it sure looked like it. could possible be a 8in but no way its a 10in. the klipsch has a dual 6.5in in a bandpass. to my suprise the z560 had a lower base hit mostly likely due to the large port. I was very impressed with the amount of bass comming out of the single 6.5 vs the dual.
$136 for z560 or $215 for Klipsch???
well after listening to them both i can say that the klipsch does have better satalite speakers but the impressive bass from the z560 sold me. and i'll be saving 80 bucks ;)

AZN

Wow...I just might get the logitechs now. The bass is what I thought would be lagging but from what you say it sounds beefy. $136 is very tempting.

You will be happy either way.

Back