• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

condensation sealing mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inspectorhammer

Well ive heard about this and im not sure why or when its needed. I understand when your using subzero extreme systems its cool to have, but what about a chilled water setup? (dont know specs havent built it yet). Am i in danger of condensation if my cpu temps are staying around 10C? If so do i just need to coat the cpu or everything electronic in the whole case?

thanks

merry christmas

its tough to say... temps of that range could be limited to the insulated socket only and not really radiated out to the motherboard, but its tough to say. you'd need to seal the processor and socket FOR SURE, but maybe not the whole mobo... people with more experience with chilled water would be able to tell you better. might want to try a request in extreme cooling as well...

Anytime you bring the CPU temps below the ambient in which the computer resides in you risk condensation. Moisture in the air will also come to play. If you live in a dry climate as I do, it’s still a problem, but not like if you live where the moisture is on the high side.

Last edited:
ok thanks for the info. Ill probably ask a similar questoin over in the extreme section to get thier opinion too.

Back