• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU´s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Someone needs to release a faster AMD MP chipset :)

This is my first duallie & I can't tell a bit of a difference between my KT333 rig & this AMD762 1 ;)

Aren't 2600's the 333 MHz FSB models? If they are, good luck getting them to work on an MPX board.

Also... you gotta remember here that the MPX chipset doesn't have a lot of memory bandwidth in comparison to the current single CPU chipsets. At some point your gaming performance is going to be capped.

can the new xp2400 and xp2600's mod to become MP's?

If they can, then go with the xp2600. You will have an awesome gaming rig. Just bump that fsb up to 150mhz and enjoy ut2k3 @ 1600x1200 :D.

Henry Rollins II said:
Nop, I dont. My computer makes an awful amout of noise so I turn it of when I dont use it.

Even if you turn it off when you don't use it, the folding@home program will still use all of your unused cpu cycles. After surfing the net for a few hours you could get a lot of work done without seeing any performance loss.

Please go here and read up about what folding@home is and how it works. It would be really great if you would fold. Whether you fold for Team 32 or someone else, doesn't matter. The important thing is that you let your idle computer cycles do something useful.

A CPU cycle is a terrible thing to waste.

Hmm the last time I was involved in discussion of distrubuted computing I got a warning from the board admin. But sure most of the time both cpu´s and loads of RAM is available.

Back