• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digi Cam Movies...?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[FX]Roman

Registered
Hello... I am buying a digital camera today. Either the Cannon Powershot a40, or the Canon Powershot S200 Digital Camera.

I just had a quick, but a burning question about the movie modes for recording videos. Since I will most likely buy the S200 version, I will use its reference page from the Cannon website... Anyways:

For most of the cameras, they go on about movie length being dependant on the resioulution and and frame rate, etc, to get the length of the clip. The max clip length for the S200 is 30second at 160x120 (10 seconds at max resoltuin). But when I go to the reference page;

HERE ,

It tells me near the bottom in the table, that with a 128meg card (which I will get), the max movie length at the best resolution is 113 seconds. So what the ****?

Is it 10 seconds or is it 113 seconds? Does anyone have a digi cam with video fuctions to shine some light on this?

Thanks!

The camera doesn't come with the 128mb stick of memory. It comes with less memory standard, you will have to buy a 128mb memory card to get 113secs of recording time.

Back